Bronze Member

Default Dash lights

I have a B2320 with 30 hours. I don't use it too often at night but while plowing last night I noticed that the gage needles on the dash were not illuminated making them very hard to see. The dash back lights work but not the needles. Does anyone else have this problem?

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B3200

Default Re: Dash lights

I have the exact same issue with my B2920. I posted an identical question about a month back, but no hits. So, at least it is good to hear someone else ask the same question.

I looked online and I think the needles need to be painted with illuminated style of paint. If you are careful and mask off, I don't see why they can't be painted with the glow paint without removing the needle.

Another option is to replace the needles with a translucent style needle. The trick is removing the needles AFTER removing the rest pin and marking where the needle "rests" after the pin is removed, so you can get the new one back to the correct position (at least that is what I have read, I have not tried it yet myself).

When I get around to doing either one, I will let you know how it goes. Like you, I don't use it much at night, so it has not been on my priority list. If I think of an easier solution, I will post here.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    MASSEY, CASE , FARMALL

Default Re: Dash lights

Why not a little dash light like they used on the old tractors. For rpms I just go by the sound of the engine. Everything else is a idiot light.

JDS648V12 - 12 VOLT DASH LIGHT ASSEMBLY