Wood chipper

/ Wood chipper #11  
I agree with all of the favorable comments on the Wallenstein 42 - a great machine. I run it behind a BX25 and B3030. One useful item I added was a hitch for a trailer so I can shoot chips into the trailer while moving around the property. It works very well.

Attachments

• IMG_0720.jpg
    IMG_0720.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 666
   / Wood chipper #12  
I agree with all of the favorable comments on the Wallenstein 42 - a great machine. I run it behind a BX25 and B3030. One useful item I added was a hitch for a trailer so I can shoot chips into the trailer while moving around the property. It works very well.

My god man... It's GREEN! Lol

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Wood chipper #13  
I want to get a Wallenstein BX42 someday.

Here is one on Youtube.

My god man... It's GREEN! Lol

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

Green paint adds 5 PTO horsepower.;)

/ Wood chipper #14  
If T-B-N would give you just one thin dime for every post, you could order a Wallenstein chipper tomorrow.

I want to get a L4240 someday. At ten cents a post, it will be awhile.

/ Wood chipper
If T-B-N would give you just one thin dime for every post, you could order a Wallenstein chipper tomorrow.

I want to get a L4240 someday. At ten cents a post, it will be awhile.

My buddy I don't see anything wrong with what you have now :confused3:
Great looking tractors and stuff :thumbsup:

/ Wood chipper #16  
I've also got the wallenstein and its a perfect match for my b2920. No need for the hydraulic feed as it self feeds really well. I put full trees that are 4" at the butt in mine regularly and it sucks them through with no trimming or pushing. The bigger opening is what really sold me as i have a lot of gnarly hardwood branches. Since you have time i would look used, they are heavy duty so used tend to be good and you'll save a bit though they seem to sell quickly. If you get one i'de suggest a dolly to move it and hook it up. Here is the one i made. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/236156-wallenstein-bx42-chipper-dolly-build.html

/ Wood chipper #17  
Another vote for the Wally BX42 which I run behind my BX25. I did have a DR PTO chipper before that which also worked well, but the Wally handles the 2"-4" material much better. It will self feed larger material better than twiggy stuff but you will have to trim large-crotched branches so they feed in. I would not rule out hydraulic feed if you can swing it. I don't know if the BX25 has sufficient flow to meet the spec's for the hydraulic motor on the BX42R, but I"d sure like to try it. Just couldn't swing the extra dinero's for hydraulic feed.

As you can see from the pic's the Wallenstein is much more substantial in size/weight, though the performance of the DR wasn't that much inferior than the BX42. The DR uses a belt and gear to turn the rotor at higher RPM while the Wally is a direct drive that rotates at PTO speed. The DR unit pictured is an older version as they now offer a top side chute for chip ejection, but it doesn't swivel I believe. Anyway, I think you'll be pleased with a Wallenstein unit for your BX25D to be!

Attachments

• Wallenstein BX42 Chipper 004.jpg
    Wallenstein BX42 Chipper 004.jpg
    479.3 KB · Views: 557
  • Kubota w' DR Chipper 4.jpg
    Kubota w' DR Chipper 4.jpg
    354.7 KB · Views: 372
   / Wood chipper
I've also got the wallenstein and its a perfect match for my b2920. No need for the hydraulic feed as it self feeds really well. I put full trees that are 4" at the butt in mine regularly and it sucks them through with no trimming or pushing. The bigger opening is what really sold me as i have a lot of gnarly hardwood branches. Since you have time i would look used, they are heavy duty so used tend to be good and you'll save a bit though they seem to sell quickly. If you get one i'de suggest a dolly to move it and hook it up. Here is the one i made. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/236156-wallenstein-bx42-chipper-dolly-build.html

Thanks for the info and the tip. I'd make up the dolly for sure. That's a nice set up you have there. Thanks for the link. The BX 42 will be the one I go with.

Another vote for the Wally BX42 which I run behind my BX25. I did have a DR PTO chipper before that which also worked well, but the Wally handles the 2"-4" material much better. It will self feed larger material better than twiggy stuff but you will have to trim large-crotched branches so they feed in. I would not rule out hydraulic feed if you can swing it. I don't know if the BX25 has sufficient flow to meet the spec's for the hydraulic motor on the BX42R, but I"d sure like to try it. Just couldn't swing the extra dinero's for hydraulic feed.

As you can see from the pic's the Wallenstein is much more substantial in size/weight, though the performance of the DR wasn't that much inferior than the BX42. The DR uses a belt and gear to turn the rotor at higher RPM while the Wally is a direct drive that rotates at PTO speed. The DR unit pictured is an older version as they now offer a top side chute for chip ejection, but it doesn't swivel I believe. Anyway, I think you'll be pleased with a Wallenstein unit for your BX25D to be!

Thank you as well for the info. Man I had to save your photo with the BX25. That's a beautiful photo! :thumbsup:
Appreciate you taking the time to respond.

/ Wood chipper #19  
I have a BXM 32 and love it. I do use the shredder for small stuff and it works great. As the others have said, there is no need for hydraulic feed, they feed just fine. I have chipped and shredded a pile of stuff with mine. I have it on a bx23. It is a bit heavy so you need to watch the hills, etc but I would buy it again In a flash !

/ Wood chipper
I have a BXM 32 and love it. I do use the shredder for small stuff and it works great. As the others have said, there is no need for hydraulic feed, they feed just fine. I have chipped and shredded a pile of stuff with mine. I have it on a bx23. It is a bit heavy so you need to watch the hills, etc but I would buy it again In a flash !

Hum. I never considered the BXM model. Might be worth considering. For the guys that own the BX chippers do you now wish you had the shredding capabilities that the the BXM has?