BX2200 belly mower deck removal

/ BX2200 belly mower deck removal #12  
Thanks Loudo,

I sprayed some PB Buster on it and work it awhile and it finally came off...:cool2:

Thanks again

Glad you got it. First time I did mine it took me about 2 minutes. It has taken me as long as 20 minutes, averaging 5 minutes ever since. I dunno why I'm slower now than that first time. :laughing:

/ BX2200 belly mower deck removal #13  
I highly recommend fabricating an HST fan protector or buying one from Bro Tek or BXPanded, I have them on both ours. The fan was broken on our BX2200 even with the deck mounted; only lost a couple of blades but replaced the whole fan.

A dolly is handy, but I usually just lean mine against a wall or prop it up with something.

/ BX2200 belly mower deck removal
TripleR,

Thank you for the advice. I saw the online ad for the BroTek fan protector and I plan to get the kit. The installation looks pretty simple and I'm sure it is a good investment to protect the HST fan.

Like you, I propped mine against the wall.

I installed my quick lift (BX2711) and front-mounted snow-blade (BX2763). I had to remove the front mower deck mount kit to get the BX2711 mounted but both were a piece of cake. After that, I simply drove up to the snow blade and it mounted up easily as well; whole process tool about 30 minutes.

New problem.....My BX2200 has a mounted joystick-type hydralic countroller on the driver's right side with (6) male hydro connectors; (2) are used to connect it to the parent system and the other (4) are available for the attachments. The BX2711 has (2) hydro hoses to adjust up/down and the blade has (2) hoses to adjust the blade's angle of attack. I have all the hoses connected but their movement is very minimal. both only have about 1/4" to 1/2" of travel. Essentially, the blade is currently at a straight 90 degree angle of the tractor and is positioned about 6" off the ground. I can't adjust the blade at a slanted angle or lower it closer to the ground. Any ideas what may be occuring or what I may have done wrong?...:confused3:

/ BX2200 belly mower deck removal #16  
....... The process took about 15 minutes
A hoist will cut that time down to less than 3 minutes... I was over the shuffle and slide maneuver of the MMM after the first try.

Attachments

• MMM_Hoist.jpg
    MMM_Hoist.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 194
  • MMM_02strap.jpg
    MMM_02strap.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 181
  • MMM_03strap.jpg
    MMM_03strap.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 234
  • MMM_04strap.jpg
    MMM_04strap.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 240
Thanks Jeff for the info. I think I will probably get something like the items in the link to better store my deck during the winter. I currently have it leaned up against the wall in my garage.

thanks again,

ryan

Thanks for the photos crbr...That is SWEET! :thumbsup:

I installed my quick lift (BX2711) and front-mounted snow-blade (BX2763). I had to remove the front mower deck mount kit to get the BX2711 mounted but both were a piece of cake. After that, I simply drove up to the snow blade and it mounted up easily as well; whole process tool about 30 minutes.

New problem.....My BX2200 has a mounted joystick-type hydralic countroller on the driver's right side with (6) male hydro connectors; (2) are used to connect it to the parent system and the other (4) are available for the attachments. The BX2711 has (2) hydro hoses to adjust up/down and the blade has (2) hoses to adjust the blade's angle of attack. I have all the hoses connected but their movement is very minimal. both only have about 1/4" to 1/2" of travel. Essentially, the blade is currently at a straight 90 degree angle of the tractor and is positioned about 6" off the ground. I can't adjust the blade at a slanted angle or lower it closer to the ground. Any ideas what may be occuring or what I may have done wrong?...

/ BX2200 belly mower deck removal #20  
crbr, thats a great idea as I also am over the shuffle,slide,drag and cuss deal, Horse,glad to see your problems sorted,well some of them anyhow. Could someone post some pix of the front quick lift for me please as I have never seen one. and Happy New Year to all.