BX2200 belly mower deck removal

/ BX2200 belly mower deck removal #1  

horsefarm84

Tractor
Kubota BX2200
Hello,

I'm a relatively new Kubota BX2200 owner. The one I bought was lightly used and came with the belly mower deck already attached and the BX2763 snow blade and BX2711 front hitch. As I was trying to figure out how to install the front hitch and snow blade, I realized the belly mower deck had to come off. Does anyone have instructions how to do either operation, removing the mower deck and/or attaching the front hitch. I have done several searches and haven't found instructions, only pitfalls when removing and reattaching the deck, such as improperly connecting the PTO.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated...:confused:

ryan

/ BX2200 belly mower deck removal #2  
Drop the mower all the way down to the ground. You may have to spin your limit control knob to do that. On the front right, pull the lock pin out and then the front left lever should pivot down and release the mount. You probably want to remove this pivot lever completely for other use. The front arms can also be wrestled off the front of the mower. There doesn't seem to be an ideal position on my 2230 for this to be done, but it can be done. Then reach underneath in front of the back wheels and pull the lift pins out. Raise the 3ph arms so these get up and out of the way. Now from the operator's left side reach in and slide the collar forward (right behind the knuckle) on the driveshaft. . It should settle into a detent about 1/2 inch forward. Then grab the shaft and wiggle it to help you pull it forward off the front of the rear end. Slide it out to one side or the other (oh, and you may want to turn the gauge wheels sideways before you start so that they work for you on this part instead of skidding). Reverse steps to install.

Can't help you on the hitch or blade.

Oh, and :welcome: to TBN! I love this site and the helpful guys here.

/ BX2200 belly mower deck removal #3  
Will add, to get the height knob to move, you will have to lift the MMM all the way to the top before the knob will turn.

I no longer have my manual or I would post pictures; RayDaKub has it down pat though and has done more work on his than most of us.

/ BX2200 belly mower deck removal #4  
I took mine off the other day and installed my front mount snowblower. It came off fairly easily, as described, but now I am wondering how hard it will be to put back on. I guess I will find out in the spring!

/ BX2200 belly mower deck removal
RaydaKub,

Thank you for the instructions...it worked like a charm...:thumbsup: The process took about 15 minutes and I didn't lose my salvation in the process:) the process is very easy.

I do have one more question...I pulled the collar forward but the shaft would not come out of the rear end...the forward portion of the shaft did slide from the rear portion of the shaft... I was able to remove the belly mower away from the tractor.

However, I'm assuming both portions of the drive shaft should have removed from the traction's drive mechanism... (if not the attached rear portion of the shaft would cause damage if the drive was accidentally engaged)... Is there a trick to knocking the rear portion of the shaft loose from the rear end?

Thank you again for the guidance...

ryan

Last edited:
Thanks to TripleR and DiggerDog for your advice as well.

/ BX2200 belly mower deck removal #7  
Welcome horsefarm84. yessir , both sections have to be removed, if the shaft has not been removed for some time you may have to use some spray lube and gently work the shaft to back and forward to remove it. I still have the original manuals and can send you pix if you want, I am not sure if the BX22 and BX2230 are the same ,maybe someone can help? My mmm is in a corner of my shed as I found attaching and removing it a PITA, and have opted for a rear flail mower and have made a plate that protects the underneath of the tractor thanks to leejohn who sent me the plan,it's on another thread somewhere here. I hope my:2cents: is of some help.

/ BX2200 belly mower deck removal #8  
Horse

Pull on the collar towards the front of the tractor and the shaft will come off. Look at the collar on the snowblower shaft it moves, you will need to pull it and lock it in the back position to get the shaft on. Push the collar forward and lock it onto the drive unit for the snowblower . Make sure it is place because if it does not lock it will come free and do a lot of damage.

Thanks for the advice...I've heard about the damage the shaft can cause if it comes loose and I'll be extra careful come spring when I re-attach the deck. Thanks again to all! Happy New Year :drink:

Thanks Loudo,

I sprayed some PB Buster on it and work it awhile and it finally came off...:cool2:

Thanks again