Kubota B3200 clearing snow!

/ Kubota B3200 clearing snow! #11  
The b3200 at the time was a little bit more Machine than I thought I needed. Turns out to fit my needs perfectly. I use to plow snow for a living(15 years), F-350 Power Stroker. Good truck for plowing. I then use to plow my road, the guy next door and a huge Hockey rink with my Quad, as well as nice long paths all around the lake. The Quad worked good.

My B3200 has a FEL with a regular back blade. I opted out for the snow blower. But this machine is very manuverable and can create some nice size piles. The HST is the only way to go for me. I can get a lot done in a short amount of time. Did not think I would like plowing with the back blade, but I have grown to love it and it works great

So far this year we have had a couple decent snow falls. As I write this we are in the middle of getting a decent snow fall. 6" has fallen since midnight. Got the truck loaded with the tow behind flip over type shanty, Snowmobile loaded and all my gear etc.. Heading to Saginaw Bay, we have enough ice to get out to the fish, 9 to 12 miles out. Just waiting for the snow to let up so I can plow the driveway and the road so she can get to work :cool2:

/ Kubota B3200 clearing snow! #12  
We here in Western Mass are looking at 24"+ Anybody who wants this can take it. I have 1/4 mile narrow drive down hill curves and ditches. This will be my 1st big storm to use my L 300 with a loader. I have my 3/4 ton Silverado ext cab Duramax fitted with v bar chains I put on yesterday and 800 lbs ballast. I don't dare plow at 2am due to no visibility warnings and ditches that eat trucks. No commercial guys will touch my drive. Just got the L 3800 this late fall and in the spring I plan to put rock in the ditches and take out some burms to make a place for more snow.

/ Kubota B3200 clearing snow!
After plowing/ blowing out the 6 inches of snow that fell Friday night here in Oswego, I tried making a sledding course down the side of the driveway, then down the hill past the side of my house for my kids. I used the Kubota to reduce the standing 18" of snow to a couple of inches to improve the sledding. My kids complained the sledding was too slow!!! I decided to pack down the snow to improve the sledding. My R4s cut too deeply, so I used my GMC Sierra crew cab 4X4 to help pack the snow, and what a great job it did!!! That is, it was going so well that I kept extending the snow pack down the hill untill, the Sierra was terribly stuck , and couldn't make any headway up the hill back too the driveway!!!!

Enter my B3200 to further clear the path, then with the transmission selected on low, with 4wd and the box blade on but pulling with 20' chain from the drawbar I was able to recover/ rescue the truck with the truck idling in low gear reverse back out up the hill!! 20 degree grade!

image-438005687.jpg

image-3372415291.jpg

image-2216646481.jpg

image-2766897148.jpg

image-3976415284.jpg

Hey Brimfield, did you get any real snow? How well did it go clearing the snow? With the drive you describe I would be ready to clear downed trees or limbs as well! I found the drawbar very useful, with the box blade lifted on the 3-point this gave great additional weight for traction while the chain attached to the drawbar had a clear path for unobstructed towing/ pulling

image-1641308357.jpg

/ Kubota B3200 clearing snow! #15  
roostersmasher,

It sounds like you really like your Kubota B3200. I am a new member and I am in the process of purchasing a used 2012 B3200HSD with 28 hr. The tractor has an FEL and mid mount mower deck. The tractor is in mint condition and the price is $4500 less than a 2013 with same options. Are you still pleased with your B3200 and do you have R-4 or Turf treads? Do you use chains in the winter?

Thanks,

Tobyone

I have owned my B3200 since accepting delivery November 2011. I do not have a garage, and my Kubota lives in the woods of Upstate NY. While my original plan included a mid mount mower deck, I instead went for the front mount snowblower and a bush hog because of of my primarily wooded lot and expected snow.

I have been extremely happy with the B3200, which has started effortlessly when my cars would not on subzero mornings. The snow clearing capability is truly amazing! I have gotten so carried away with snow blowing and plowing that with a big dump, I have been out not only clearing my long gravel driveway, but as well the driveways of three or four neighbors, the road between the homes, and the 5 foot high plow snow banks of hard heavy snow blocking our driveways left by the township plows! These are fast easy tasks with my Kubota. Retrieving my GMC when stuck in the snow down the hill behind my house was amazingly easy with my 32 horse Kubota. The torque is amazing, dragging mature downed trees out of the woods has been easy.

Yes, I am very happy with my B3200. My only regret is the frostbite I got on both my ankles when I got "carried away" one winter morning clearing snow this past winter. My Eccho high snow boots and socks was no match to 2 hrs out in the cold moving snow despite the insulation they claim!

Those heated and air conditioned cabs suddenly became interesting this year!

Oh yea, I forgot to mention, no block heater or special starting measures, just glow plugs and start with the key! My dealer told me I didn't need a block heater or to pre warm my Kubota, and thus far, he was right!