Kubota B3200 clearing snow!

/ Kubota B3200 clearing snow! #1  

SPMMD

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota/B3200
Christmas week came our first real snow! Last year was such a disappointment! Now, with the front mount Kubota snowblower, and the box blade on the rear, our first real snows have been little challenge. With the blower skids on the highest setting, I still occasionally throw gravel, but once the underlying snowpack and ice hardened, the blower really shines. I have about 300" of gravel driveway, that I have learned to slowblow, then back drag with the box blade and plow on reverse to clear the last snow remnants. Last year with barely any snow I went through three shear pins, this year clearing 10 inches, then 3 and then another 6 inches within a week couldn't be sweeter!

My b3200 lives outdoors, and has taught me 3 lessons: the ignition will freeze! The safety ignition switch will ice over/freeze despite the location under the seat! And lastly, when the HST just doesn't seem to provide the speed and response it used to, you have to clear the snow and ice from around the pedals that limits the pedal travel!

Of course, those of you with enclosures to store your tractors, or cabins/enclosures on your tractors may not have learned these tricks!

Boy, do I need a barn!!!!!

/ Kubota B3200 clearing snow! #2  
Moving snow is fun with a good piece of equipment. I am having the same problem with my blade cutting in on ground that is not frozen. We had some frozen ground today and I tried it and it did not cut in.

/ Kubota B3200 clearing snow! #3  
Sounds like a good setup for your lake effect snow country. We have already had more snow this year than last I think. I keep my tractor in the garage and my p/u out doors. My wife thinks I am nuts but I use the tractor more than the truck and I am able to avoid all those frozen things for the most part. Using a blower must make it worse with all that snow blowing around warm tractor parts, getting in all the cracks then freezing. Not to mention cleaning snow off the seat and floor because you keep it out doors.

/ Kubota B3200 clearing snow!
A foot of lake effect snow was little effort for my B3200 with front mount blower and box blade! But I will say, those of you with cabs/ enclosures are missing out on that hot shower experience after clearing the drive, the street and the driveways of my neighbors!!!! Two hours on the Kubota in my carhart winter coat with hood and jeans just doesn't cut it if your trying to stay warm in 13 degrees while moving snow! But then again, when your having fun, who feels the cold anyway!

image-1525755304.jpg

image-3665897521.jpg

image-2501032015.jpg

/ Kubota B3200 clearing snow! #5  
SPMMD i hear you on the frozen tractor parts my loader cables froze i hit the lever a bit hard the thing broke and there covered by plastic

/ Kubota B3200 clearing snow! #6  
Nice pics; looks like you got the right equipment and dog for all that snow. You can keep your hot shower; I'm a whimp and like the cab during this time of year. They are forecasting 6" plus of snow for us this Friday. Can't wait.

Attachments

• DSCN1592.jpg
    DSCN1592.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,178
   / Kubota B3200 clearing snow! #7  
I cleared my 1/4 mile long driveway with an open station BX for a couple winters. I'm no wimp when it comes to cold temps and snow but a few times i was on the verge of hypothermia. I LOVE my cab these days. Now if we would just get some significant snow!

/ Kubota B3200 clearing snow! #8  
You guys are lucky. I bought a new Grand L 3240 in November and we haven't had any snow yet this winter.
Kubota 003.JPG

/ Kubota B3200 clearing snow!
Since I've owned my B3200 it has lived outdoors. While I initially kept I covered with a tarp, the winds coming off Lake Ontario made the tarp dangerous! She has always started despite the cold, but I did once have the ignition switch freeze during my first winter season. I learned that simply tipping the seat forward covered and protected the ignition switch and haven't suffered a starting problem since. The added benefit pod not sitting on a wet seat or worse ice are also reminders to flip up the seat when parking the Kubota. Probably most important lesson learned: don't snowblow against the wind!!!! I have yet to experience a more uncomfortable or colder activity including having once fallen info a snow and ice covered unknown firepond when I used to live in NH!!!!

image-793941927.jpg