Kubota L3200 and Loftness 6' Snowblower

/ Kubota L3200 and Loftness 6' Snowblower #1  

DEK

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford 641, Kubota L3200 HST, Kubota RTV X1120D
I am onsidering buying a Loftness 721L (6') snowblower to use behind my L3200. The blower has been stored outside and therefore it looks cosmetically rough. It doesn't look bent, banged, or abused. I think I can get it for $1K (asking $1500), but I'm wondering if that is too much considering its appearance and the fact it has been stored outside. The owner is the original owner, and he doesn't have a manual. He never used it much unless the snow got to be too much for his truck and plow, at least that is what he said. He has purchased another tractor that came with a blower. Hence, this is extra equipment no longer needed and for sale.

Does anyone have any opinions about the Loftness blower, selling price, and compatability with my L3200? I'm concerned about the pto shaft angle between the tractor and blower and about the condition of the mechanical (bearings, chain, etc) having been exposed to weather. The impeller size is 20".

I tried attaching photos of the blower. I hope you can see them in this post.

blower3.jpgblower1.jpgblower2.jpg

Attachments

• blower3.jpg
    blower3.jpg
    1,010 bytes · Views: 1,166
  • blower1.jpg
    blower1.jpg
    1 KB · Views: 1,173
  • blower2.jpg
    blower2.jpg
    944 bytes · Views: 1,191
   / Kubota L3200 and Loftness 6' Snowblower #2  
That's too much. For comparison's sake, I bought a used Kubota rear blower with little use (still very shiny orange paint) for $1300. I may have got an excellent deal, but still--in my area, in my experience, I wouldn't give close to $1000 based on your description.

/ Kubota L3200 and Loftness 6' Snowblower #3  
If you can get it for 1000 - 1200 then its a good deal. make sure the impeller is free and the gear box is tight.

The tractor will power it up just fine.

/ Kubota L3200 and Loftness 6' Snowblower #4  
I paid $1,800 for a new 60" Meteor Snowblower that sat outside in the Dealer's lot for 5 years. I bought it at a time when we were getting clobbered with snow and I ran out of places to put it. It was rusty in spots, so I decided to re-paint the whole darn thing.
I would check the gear box on the blower you are looking at: make sure he ran it with gear oil and stored it with gear oil.

Attachments

• Meteorite Snow Blower.jpg
    Meteorite Snow Blower.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 312
  • Kubota B3030 & Meteor Snowblower.jpg
    Kubota B3030 & Meteor Snowblower.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 509
   / Kubota L3200 and Loftness 6' Snowblower #5  
I paid $1,800 for a new 60" Meteor Snowblower that sat outside in the Dealer's lot for 5 years. I bought it at a time when we were getting clobbered with snow and I ran out of places to put it. It was rusty in spots, so I decided to re-paint the whole darn thing.
I would check the gear box on the blower you are looking at: make sure he ran it with gear oil and stored it with gear oil.

Just wondering if you've had any trouble with that blower. I've got basically the same, but mine's black, and I've been through 3 gear boxes on it. I'm on the fourth gear box and this one is actually a different color than the others were so I'm hoping it works. I've been thoroughly pretty un-impressed with this blower from the get go.

/ Kubota L3200 and Loftness 6' Snowblower #6  
Strange,
Sorry to hear about your problems. I researched the net prior to buying this blower, and everyone claimed to have good luck with it. Seems like it doesn't snow anymore around here since I bought my Meteor Snowblower. So I haven't been able to give it too many work outs. The few times that I've used it, it's been stellar. This blower is made in Canada--as is my fireplace insert. I figure the Canadians know about snow and cold.

/ Kubota L3200 and Loftness 6' Snowblower #7  
We do call it the Land of Ice, Snow, and the Occasional Beaver...:)

Sean

/ Kubota L3200 and Loftness 6' Snowblower
I got additional information on the blower from the owner. He thinks it's about 25 yrs old. It has a 16" horizontal auger, the impeller is about 27-28", and the overall opening is 32". I have been looking for information on this blower, but I don't think I'm finding anything for one that is about 25 years old. Unfortunately, the owner is not able to find the model number. So I took the name Loftness and 6' and the info I'm finding is for a 721L. The specs on that model say the impeller should be 20" and the front height of the blower 26 or 28 inches. Auger is only matching dimension. A larger impeller is good because I think it will blow snow further, but I'm concerned whether my L3200 has enough pto HP to drive the snowblower. It would help if it wasn't 250 miles away. The owner has been very cooperative and prompt with emails and info. I do believe it is not beat up and the appearance is rough because it has not been stored inside. Of course, sitting outside leaves concern about rusty bearings and rusty auger chain, sheet metal, and discharge chute.

One more thing the owner mentioned. He used it on a mid 40 HP tractor. He didn't say he needed one that big. It may have been the tractor he owned at that time.

I've got to try and sort some of this out. Thanks for the input so far.

/ Kubota L3200 and Loftness 6' Snowblower
I got additional information on the blower from the owner. He thinks it's about 25 yrs old. It has a 16" horizontal auger, the impeller is about 27-28", and the overall opening is 32". I have been looking for information on this blower, but I don't think I'm finding anything for one that is about 25 years old. Unfortunately, the owner is not able to find the model number. So I took the name Loftness and 6' and the info I'm finding is for a 721L. The specs on that model say the impeller should be 20" and the front height of the blower 26 or 28 inches. Auger is only matching dimension. A larger impeller is good because I think it will blow snow further, but I'm concerned whether my L3200 has enough pto HP to drive the snowblower. It would help if it wasn't 250 miles away. The owner has been very cooperative and prompt with emails and info. I do believe it is not beat up and the appearance is rough because it has not been stored inside. Of course, sitting outside leaves concern about rusty bearings and rusty auger chain, sheet metal, and discharge chute.

One more thing the owner mentioned. He used it on a mid 40 HP tractor. He didn't say he needed one that big. It may have been the tractor he owned at that time.

I've got to try and sort some of this out. Thanks for the input so far.

/ Kubota L3200 and Loftness 6' Snowblower #10  
Dek,

For what it is worth I use a 6' front mounted snow blower on my tractor which is similar in HP as yours and I have no problem powering it. Or in other words the HP will be ok and you can always slow down the travel speed. To be honest it seems the more the blower is loaded (ie: faster travel speed) the better it works up to a point.

I bet once you are on site with cash in hand the owner will be hard pressed to refuse a fair price offer based on anything it might need due to sitting for so long. If the chain is real rusty I would just go ahead and replace it from the start. TSC sells chain in 10' lengths along with master links and the cost is reasonable.

I'd be more concerned about the pto shaft being complete and not all rusted up. They cost more than they should and can quickly add $200 or more to your purchase price.

Why not call the company and see what they say about it. They may be willing to look at a picture to ID the model.