HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR?

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR? #91  
WD hitches do not have anything to do with hitch rating per say. its how the load is distributed to the tow vehicle. if you have a stable vehicle you can tow 10K with out it. My 3/4 ton crew cab chevy has a beefed up rear suspension, I rarley use a WD hitch on my 11K toyhauler. I really use the WD hitch set up to help with sway control...and of course a sway bar

The hitch may be rated for a certain amount of capaity with a relation to a WD use. but they are not required.

Seems to me that a WD hitch is a band-aid to not having the correct tongue weight/ enough towing capacity on the truck. I have never used one and I have never found myself having an issue with trailer tongue weight or sway. I would defiantly get brakes on both axles of your trailer get the tongue weight squared away and see how it tows before you go drop money on a WD hitch

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR?
Seems to me that a WD hitch is a band-aid to not having the correct tongue weight/ enough towing capacity on the truck. I have never used one and I have never found myself having an issue with trailer tongue weight or sway. I would defiantly get brakes on both axles of your trailer get the tongue weight squared away and see how it tows before you go drop money on a WD hitch

Thats what I plan to do. I just cant get the fact that dealers sell these trailers with the tractor without brakes. Most states this is against the law, so I am going to write Kubota Corporation to see what they have to say about it. If I'm lucky, they may be willing to at least get brakes on my trailer. Am I over reacting to this? I dont think so, and yes before I get dogged out for not doing more homework before taking custody of my package (tractor/trailer), I do accept a little responsibility here, but to me the dealer should know about these things. most people dont drive their tractor home from the dealer like you would a car, so offering a trailer as part of the deal should be a safe, legal trailer....not just a "trailer" by definition. This is my first tractor ever, and if I were a dealer I would educate my customers as to what is safe with the expensive product the customer is buying. Another way of looking at this would be if you were a salesman of a riding mower at (lets say) Lowes. A customer comes in and buys a new lawn tractor from you and you offer them a free lawn tractor lift with the package. The customer gets home and discovers that the mower lift is not rated for the weight of the lawn tractor they bought. I would stand firm in my position that Lowes would be responsible to make things right with the customer....after all safety is compromised and because the salesman didnt give the proper equipment with the "package deal" to the customer I would think any of us would ask for things to be made right wether or not we did homework on weight limits or not before the purchase. Any constructive comments here?:confused3:

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR? #94  
Well I don't see where it is kubota's fault. Is it a kubota trailer? Did kubota or your dealer offer the trailer? Either way it must be frustrating to be disappointed in such a costly investment.

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR? #95  
I don't think Kubota will do anything about the trailer, but that he expects Kubota to put pressure on the dealer to stop this crap, and hopefully compensate the buyer. As PaPa admited, he should have done more on his side (truck prep), but the dealer has the reponsibility to provide a LEGAL trailer (with brakes) that abids by his states laws as he pulls off the lot. Philip.

Well I don't see where it is kubota's fault. Is it a kubota trailer? Did kubota or your dealer offer the trailer? Either way it must be frustrating to be disappointed in such a costly investment.

I agree Reyer. Its not a Kubota trailer. I guess my way of thinking is that Kubota does authorize dealers to make "package deals" that include a trailer. Usually the trailer is a third party (local) trailer dealer, but its the dealer in my opinion that carry's most of the burden of liability since they are the ones putting the trailer to another use which warrants the passing along of information to the customer concerning safety. Kubota would most likely be interested in this information because they "authorized" this dealer to sell their product in this manner. Just my opinion here.

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR? #97  
I guess my way of thinking is that Kubota does authorize dealers to make "package deals" that include a trailer.

No, I do not think Kubota authorizes this. No control and too much liability to oversee every little issue a dealer does. Dealer is not owned by Kubota, it is a local franchise.

Kubota would most likely be interested in this information because they "authorized" this dealer to sell their product in this manner. Just my opinion here.

Kubota did not 'authorize' this. But, I think they would be interested in knowing what they are doing, and could put pressure on them to do the right thing since thier name is associated with it.

Philip.

You could be right Philip. I may be looking in the wrong direction here, but until I communicate with Kubota I wont know what restrictions they have on their authorized dealers. I do know that in the car world manufacturers (like Hyundai, Chevrolet, etc.) have gotten VERY strict with their dealers that they have authorized. I'm not saying they cant have any "play room" with deals, but this is not a "free television offer" if you buy a new Hyundai either...its a safety thing. I may not get anywhere, and I'm not trying to get something for free, or get compensated for my ignorance, but at least someone will know whats going on at the very least, and it may very well save someones life too.

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR? #99  
Well I am not very versed on the agreements between the manufacturer and dealer. I see where going to kubota could have adverse effects with your dealer. I don't intend to imply that your concern is invalid, but it is possible that the dealer is unaware also. I don't remember reading you had already contacted them. Dealers sometimes are held to such a high standard, that as humans they easily fall short.

Well I am not very versed on the agreements between the manufacturer and dealer. I see where going to kubota could have adverse effects with your dealer. I don't intend to imply that your concern is invalid, but it is possible that the dealer is unaware also. I don't remember reading you had already contacted them. Dealers sometimes are held to such a high standard, that as humans they easily fall short.
Very good point....I have a good relationship with this dealer, so it would probably benefit everyone if I spoke with them first. I might be suprised at what they are and are not aware of concerning the trailer. Great point Reyer...Thanks.