Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    none yet

Quote Originally Posted by PAPPASMURF View Post
    Very good point....I have a good relationship with this dealer, so it would probably benefit everyone if I spoke with them first. I might be suprised at what they are and are not aware of concerning the trailer. Great point Reyer...Thanks.
    That sounds like a good course of action. It seems like it would t cost the dealer too much to furnish brakes for your trailer

Gold Member
    Tractor
    2011 KUBOTA L3200 W/ LOADER, BH77 BACKHOE

Default Re: HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR?

Quote Originally Posted by firemanmike69 View Post
    That sounds like a good course of action. It seems like it would t cost the dealer too much to furnish brakes for your trailer
    Ever have one of those days where the simple, logical course of action slips your mind? ha ha It may be that all this math I've been doing to figure out weights and capacities has stripped me of common sense today. Might just have to sleep on it and start fresh tomorrow!

Tractor
    Mahindra 5010

Ever have one of those days where the simple, logical course of action slips your mind? ha ha It may be that all this math I've been doing to figure out weights and capacities has stripped me of common sense today. Might just have to sleep on it and start fresh tomorrow!
    Hey, I hope it works out for you. We have all been there, done that. Good luck.

Gold Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Reyer Farms View Post
    Hey, I hope it works out for you. We have all been there, done that. Good luck.
    Thanks !

Tractor
    none yet

Nope never happened to me.......ever.

I would do just what you said: sleep on it, go talk face to face with someone at the dealership explain to them the issue, that way you still have the option of going to kubota corporate and the dealer doesn't feel like you went over his head and kept him in the loop

Gold Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by firemanmike69 View Post
    Nope never happened to me.......ever.

LOL !

I would do just what you said: sleep on it, go talk face to face with someone at the dealership explain to them the issue, that way you still have the option of going to kubota corporate and the dealer doesn't feel like you went over his head and kept him in the loop
    Will do ! Pappa smurf out!

Platinum Member Firefighter Kubota's Avatar
    Tractor
    Kubota 7510

Very good point....I have a good relationship with this dealer, so it would probably benefit everyone if I spoke with them first. I might be suprised at what they are and are not aware of concerning the trailer. Great point Reyer...Thanks.
    If they are selling trailers they KNOW the laws, and to think they don't would be naive. They pulled a fast one and know it...

I don't even know any 3500K trailers that are built with out one or 2 axle brakes. That is pretty standard across the country. There may be excepetions.

regardless, by selling you the trailer and tractor and allowed you to tow it home as is, they put you at serious risk, knowing or not and there is NO excuse,..You have a right to be pissed,

Good luck
    B 7510

FEL 302, Rear remotes, Hydraulic Toplink, Blockheater, 60" MMM, Pats easy change, 54" Puma 3pt Snowblower w Hydraulic chute controls, 6' York rake, 5' grader blade, Powerhorse Log splitter, 6.5 ft Western plow, 3 pt 2" trailer reciever, Bucket forks, "Thumb" grapple, Loaded Turfs, Carver wear blade, 40 AMP alternator, Stereo, AND A CUP HOLDER!

IAFF L-2892

Tractor
    Kubota L3940 Ford 8N Ford 6000

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter kubota View Post
    If they are selling trailers they KNOW the laws, and to think they don't would be naive. They pulled a fast one and know it.
    I agree 100%. They know the laws, don't let them play dumb on you and take you for another ride. Philip.
    Kubota L3940HST-1 2009
    84" front blade
    LA724 loader w/quick attach
    HD 72" round back bucket
    turf tires
    Kubota GR2120 2013
    Ford 8N 1950
    Ford 6000 diesel 1961
    JD L110 2003
    Woods RD7200 finish mower, Land Pride RCR1272 rotary cutter, Bearcat CH5540 5" chipper, L8170 ballast box, 6' Woods pulverizer, 6' Dragon box scrapper with hydraulic rippers, 14" 2 bottom plow, sub-soiler, post hole auger, 3 point pallet forks, 30" rear scoop, 7' Land Pride RB1584 rear blade, 3 point boom pole

Gold Member
    Tractor

PROBLEM #2: Well, first of all I went to my kubota dealer today and no one was there that I needed to speak to, so I will be going by tomorrow morning. This actually worked out good because I inspected my trailer closer and discovered what I think is problem #2. Stamped on the tongue was Max.Gross weight 5000#....Tongue max 700#. If my research serves me correctly that means this trailer is not big enough or I guess rated enough to be towing a L3200 w/ BH!! I also mis informed evryone about the size. Its not 18'...its a 16' trailer. A good neighbor of mine that has commercial Bobcat equipment and owns a concrete works business enlightened me that a huge mistake was made by my dealer not only because of no brakes, but also because the trailer most likely has 1500 or 2000# axles, which would not be big enough to support the load anyway. I think he was just as upset as I was!! Looks like tomorrows discussion with the dealer will be about getting me the correct trailer all together, and turning this one back in.

Tractor
    Kubota L3940 Ford 8N Ford 6000

Check the tires next. What is their load rating? It is stamped on sidewall. Mine are 3000 pounds at 80 psig. I see you are looking at the details now, good job. Philip.
    Kubota L3940HST-1 2009
    84" front blade
    LA724 loader w/quick attach
    HD 72" round back bucket
    turf tires
    Kubota GR2120 2013
    Ford 8N 1950
    Ford 6000 diesel 1961
    JD L110 2003
    Woods RD7200 finish mower, Land Pride RCR1272 rotary cutter, Bearcat CH5540 5" chipper, L8170 ballast box, 6' Woods pulverizer, 6' Dragon box scrapper with hydraulic rippers, 14" 2 bottom plow, sub-soiler, post hole auger, 3 point pallet forks, 30" rear scoop, 7' Land Pride RB1584 rear blade, 3 point boom pole

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast