HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR?

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR? #101  
Very good point....I have a good relationship with this dealer, so it would probably benefit everyone if I spoke with them first. I might be suprised at what they are and are not aware of concerning the trailer. Great point Reyer...Thanks.

That sounds like a good course of action. It seems like it would t cost the dealer too much to furnish brakes for your trailer

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR?
That sounds like a good course of action. It seems like it would t cost the dealer too much to furnish brakes for your trailer

Ever have one of those days where the simple, logical course of action slips your mind? ha ha It may be that all this math I've been doing to figure out weights and capacities has stripped me of common sense today. Might just have to sleep on it and start fresh tomorrow!:laughing:

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR? #103  
Ever have one of those days where the simple, logical course of action slips your mind? ha ha It may be that all this math I've been doing to figure out weights and capacities has stripped me of common sense today. Might just have to sleep on it and start fresh tomorrow!:laughing:

Hey, I hope it works out for you. We have all been there, done that. Good luck.

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR? #105  

Nope never happened to me.......ever.

:laughing: I would do just what you said: sleep on it, go talk face to face with someone at the dealership explain to them the issue, that way you still have the option of going to kubota corporate and the dealer doesn't feel like you went over his head and kept him in the loop

Nope never happened to me.......ever.

LOL !

:laughing: I would do just what you said: sleep on it, go talk face to face with someone at the dealership explain to them the issue, that way you still have the option of going to kubota corporate and the dealer doesn't feel like you went over his head and kept him in the loop

Will do ! :smurf: Pappa smurf out!

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR? #107  
Very good point....I have a good relationship with this dealer, so it would probably benefit everyone if I spoke with them first. I might be suprised at what they are and are not aware of concerning the trailer. Great point Reyer...Thanks.

If they are selling trailers they KNOW the laws, and to think they don't would be naive. They pulled a fast one and know it...

I don't even know any 3500K trailers that are built with out one or 2 axle brakes. That is pretty standard across the country. There may be excepetions.

regardless, by selling you the trailer and tractor and allowed you to tow it home as is, they put you at serious risk, knowing or not and there is NO excuse,..You have a right to be pissed,

Good luck

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR? #108  
If they are selling trailers they KNOW the laws, and to think they don't would be naive. They pulled a fast one and know it.

I agree 100%. They know the laws, don't let them play dumb on you and take you for another ride. Philip.

PROBLEM #2: Well, first of all I went to my Kubota dealer today and no one was there that I needed to speak to, so I will be going by tomorrow morning. This actually worked out good because I inspected my trailer closer and discovered what I think is problem #2. Stamped on the tongue was Max.Gross weight 5000#....Tongue max 700#. If my research serves me correctly that means this trailer is not big enough or I guess rated enough to be towing a L3200 w/ BH!! I also mis informed evryone about the size. Its not 18'...its a 16' trailer. A good neighbor of mine that has commercial Bobcat equipment and owns a concrete works business enlightened me that a huge mistake was made by my dealer not only because of no brakes, but also because the trailer most likely has 1500 or 2000# axles, which would not be big enough to support the load anyway. I think he was just as upset as I was!! Looks like tomorrows discussion with the dealer will be about getting me the correct trailer all together, and turning this one back in.

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR? #110  
Check the tires next. What is their load rating? It is stamped on sidewall. Mine are 3000 pounds at 80 psig. I see you are looking at the details now, good job. Philip.