HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR?

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR? #1  

PAPPASMURF

Gold Member
Tractor
2011 KUBOTA L3200 W/ LOADER, BH77 BACKHOE
I wanted to get some insight as to how everyone out there in "tractor land" loads and tows their tractor. I have a Kubota L3200 w/ BH 77 backhoe. I transport it on an 18 ft. dual axle trailer (no brakes on trailer) and I have found that if I back my tractor on the trailer instead of pulling it on forward, I actually put more weight towards the hitch, and axles which makes the tow a lot more stable. I do plan to get brakes on the trailer because I'm towing it with a 2004 Nissan Titan (5.6L v8) and althought it pulls it with no problems, it can be a little "hairy" at times when its time to stop. I posted these pics to see if anyone else has had my idea, and also wanted to note that even though the backhoe bucket extends over the front rail, I have had no problems with turn radius.....the bucket never gets close to the tailgate even in sharp turns. tow1.jpgtow2.jpgtow3.jpg

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR? #2  
I do plan to get brakes on the trailer because I'm towing it with a 2004 Nissan Titan (5.6L v8) and althought it pulls it with no problems, it can be a little "hairy" at times when its time to stop.

Get brakes to avoid legal problems, too.

Chapter 760-X-1 Public Safety
760-X-1-.09 Defining The Adequacy Of Brakes, And Prescribing The Performance Standards Thereof, Of Motor Vehicles Using The Highways Of The State Of Alabama.

(c) Brakes on all Wheels - Every vehicle shall be equipped with brakes acting on all wheels except:
1. Trailers, Semi-Trailers, or Pole Trailers of a gross weight not exceeding 3,000 pounds, ...

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR? #4  
You could probably put a small deck (spare tire storage perhaps?) in front of the front rail to rest the bucket on.

Aaron Z

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR?
You could probably put a small deck (spare tire storage perhaps?) in front of the front rail to rest the bucket on.

Aaron Z

I actually thought the same thing Aaron.....I might just begin some plans for something like that. It bothered me early on that the bucket was just hanging there!

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR? #6  
I tow by JD 3320 with my dump trailer. It's a little short with a brush hog or big implement on the back but overall it works great. I've never tried backing on the trailer but might give it a try and see how it does.

image-1735714397.jpg

I tow by JD 3320 with my dump trailer. It's a little short with a brush hog or big implement on the back but overall it works great. I've never tried backing on the trailer but might give it a try and see how it does.

Now that's a NICE trailer right there El Wood!

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR? #8  
Tow my L3800 with a Ford F-150. Have a 16" trailer and it works fine with loader and box blade or tiller attached. I drive forward rest the bucket on a tool box attached to the tongue of the trailer. I have not towed with my brush hog on, but think that may be a problem with space.

Tow my L3800 with a Ford F-150. Have a 16" trailer and it works fine with loader and box blade or tiller attached. I drive forward rest the bucket on a tool box attached to the tongue of the trailer. I have not towed with my brush hog on, but think that may be a problem with space.

Boy...that's a tiny trailer for an L3800 (16 inches?) ha ha.....I know you meant 16' , just poking fun. Do you have brakes on the trailer? How does it handle with the stopping? We basically have the same set up minus the backhoe, but I'd bet you could load it with the brush hog in the full upright position and set it on the railing up front and maybe have enough space.

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR? #10  

Now that's a NICE trailer right there El Wood!

YES it is!!