Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 LastLast
    Platinum Member Firefighter Kubota's Avatar
    Tractor
    Kubota 7510

Default Re: HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR?

Good luck with the dealer. They really don't have a leg to stand on morally, ethically or legally... but I'm sure they'll try to talk their way out... If they waste more than 30 minutes of your time and you don't have a new 7500# w/ brakes on BOTH axles, I'd walk out and write the state attorney general... Maybe even an local lawyer?

Really , only 2 dealers sell trailers with brakes??? that makes NO sense...Its illegal

In NH any trailer with a GVW of 3000# has to have electric brakes on all axles.

Good luck and keep us posted!
    B 7510

FEL 302, Rear remotes, Hydraulic Toplink, Blockheater, 60" MMM, Pats easy change, 54" Puma 3pt Snowblower w Hydraulic chute controls, 6' York rake, 5' grader blade, Powerhorse Log splitter, 6.5 ft Western plow, 3 pt 2" trailer reciever, Bucket forks, "Thumb" grapple, Loaded Turfs, Carver wear blade, 40 AMP alternator, Stereo, AND A CUP HOLDER!

IAFF L-2892

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

L3200- 2623
    LA524-805
    Bucket-265
    Quick Attach- 110, I am guessing
    BH77- 850
    16" Bucket- 84

Total weight-4737

So you are between 4500-5000lbs.
    Roger

Kubota BX2360 & Kubota L4240 with paddle shifter, suicide doors and 24's
    Past Stuff: Ford 8N, Cub Cadet 2206, Bobcat CT235

My Threads

EA Wicked Grapple Build - 3PH Pallet Mover - Harbor Freight QH Mods - L4240 Upgrades - BX2360 Upgrades- How Add a Switch to a Worklight

My YouTube Channel

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L45

I've been mulling around reading this and have a quick question/point.

Not that I advocate being right up against the limits, but...

If a trailer is rated for 7k lbs GVWR, and the trailer weighs 1500 lbs it seems the general consensus is that 5500 lbs is the max load that can be placed on this trailer.

HOWEVER

Since the truck should be taking 15% of the load for proper tongue weight, can the load placed on the trailer actually be 6550 lbs?

Clearly that is provided the axle weights don't go over their individual ratings and the hitch is rated for the tongue load.

ac

Gold Member
    Tractor
    2011 KUBOTA L3200 W/ LOADER, BH77 BACKHOE

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter kubota View Post
    Good luck with the dealer. They really don't have a leg to stand on morally, ethically or legally... but I'm sure they'll try to talk their way out... If they waste more than 30 minutes of your time and you don't have a new 7500# w/ brakes on BOTH axles, I'd walk out and write the state attorney general... Maybe even an local lawyer?

Really , only 2 dealers sell trailers with brakes??? that makes NO sense...Its illegal

In NH any trailer with a GVW of 3000# has to have electric brakes on all axles.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Alabama Law is the same...problem is no one checks this in our state. No one inspects whats going on, and the dealers are doing what most dealers do.....moving units as quickly as possible to make a buck. I was actually hoping I was by myself on this and just had a streak of bad luck but what I found was that this is regular practice. I'd be willing to bet that Alabama is not alone either. I also did research and found that Kubota requires all dealers to have their personell TRAINED by the states DOT or Public Safety on a yearly basis (at least in Alabama), and this is done because of all the deliveries they make and changes in laws or updates, so that only reenforced my suspicions that they DO KNOW WEIGHT LIMITS AND TOWING/TRAILER LAWS. They just choose to ignore what is not governed regularly.

Platinum Member Firefighter Kubota's Avatar
    Tractor
    Kubota 7510

Quote Originally Posted by avc8130 View Post

If a trailer is rated for 7k lbs GVWR, and the trailer weighs 1500 lbs it seems the general consensus is that 5500 lbs is the max load that can be placed on this trailer.

HOWEVER

Since the truck should be taking 15% of the load for proper tongue weight, can the load placed on the trailer actually be 6550 lbs?

Clearly that is provided the axle weights don't go over their individual ratings and the hitch is rated for the tongue load.

ac
    You are correct above as in bold... that is the GVWR of the trailer...The towing vehicle is not included in calculations
    B 7510

FEL 302, Rear remotes, Hydraulic Toplink, Blockheater, 60" MMM, Pats easy change, 54" Puma 3pt Snowblower w Hydraulic chute controls, 6' York rake, 5' grader blade, Powerhorse Log splitter, 6.5 ft Western plow, 3 pt 2" trailer reciever, Bucket forks, "Thumb" grapple, Loaded Turfs, Carver wear blade, 40 AMP alternator, Stereo, AND A CUP HOLDER!

IAFF L-2892

Gold Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by avc8130 View Post

HOWEVER

ac
    Thats the problem...the trailer is rated at 5000# GVW. The trailer I got is stamped "5000lbs maximun weight limit" and "700lb tongue weight". That means the tractor alone exceeds the limit.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Quote Originally Posted by PAPPASMURF View Post
    Alabama Law is the same...problem is no one checks this in our state. No one inspects whats going on, and the dealers are doing what most dealers do.....moving units as quickly as possible to make a buck. I was actually hoping I was by myself on this and just had a streak of bad luck but what I found was that this is regular practice. I'd be willing to bet that Alabama is not alone either. I also did research and found that kubota requires all dealers to have their personell TRAINED by the states DOT or Public Safety on a yearly basis (at least in Alabama), and this is done because of all the deliveries they make and changes in laws or updates, so that only reenforced my suspicions that they DO KNOW WEIGHT LIMITS AND TOWING/TRAILER LAWS. They just choose to ignore what is not governed regularly.
    I hope they fix the problem real quick for you.

And don't forget to get extra straps for the FEL and Backhoe...........and the backhoe is required to be resting on the deck, it cannot be suspended in the air.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Gold Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Don87 View Post

And don't forget to get extra straps for the FEL and Backhoe...........and the backhoe is required to be resting on the deck, it cannot be suspended in the air.
    Thanks Don....I'll update everyone after this is resolved.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

I don't know if his trailer is long enough to do that.
    Roger

Kubota BX2360 & Kubota L4240 with paddle shifter, suicide doors and 24's
    Past Stuff: Ford 8N, Cub Cadet 2206, Bobcat CT235

My Threads

EA Wicked Grapple Build - 3PH Pallet Mover - Harbor Freight QH Mods - L4240 Upgrades - BX2360 Upgrades- How Add a Switch to a Worklight

My YouTube Channel

Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

As I understand it, if there is a transport lock (ie: a metal pin to lock the boom up and to keep it from swinging) the boom can be in the air.

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 LastLast