HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR?

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR? #131  
Good luck with the dealer. They really don't have a leg to stand on morally, ethically or legally... but I'm sure they'll try to talk their way out... If they waste more than 30 minutes of your time and you don't have a new 7500# w/ brakes on BOTH axles, I'd walk out and write the state attorney general... Maybe even an local lawyer?

Really , only 2 dealers sell trailers with brakes??? that makes NO sense...Its illegal

In NH any trailer with a GVW of 3000# has to have electric brakes on all axles.

Good luck and keep us posted!

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR? #132  
L3200- 2623
LA524-805
Bucket-265
Quick Attach- 110, I am guessing
BH77- 850
16" Bucket- 84

Total weight-4737

So you are between 4500-5000lbs.

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR? #133  
I've been mulling around reading this and have a quick question/point.

Not that I advocate being right up against the limits, but...

If a trailer is rated for 7k lbs GVWR, and the trailer weighs 1500 lbs it seems the general consensus is that 5500 lbs is the max load that can be placed on this trailer.

HOWEVER

Since the truck should be taking 15% of the load for proper tongue weight, can the load placed on the trailer actually be 6550 lbs?

Clearly that is provided the axle weights don't go over their individual ratings and the hitch is rated for the tongue load.

ac

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR?
Good luck with the dealer. They really don't have a leg to stand on morally, ethically or legally... but I'm sure they'll try to talk their way out... If they waste more than 30 minutes of your time and you don't have a new 7500# w/ brakes on BOTH axles, I'd walk out and write the state attorney general... Maybe even an local lawyer?

Really , only 2 dealers sell trailers with brakes??? that makes NO sense...Its illegal

In NH any trailer with a GVW of 3000# has to have electric brakes on all axles.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Alabama Law is the same...problem is no one checks this in our state. No one inspects whats going on, and the dealers are doing what most dealers do.....moving units as quickly as possible to make a buck. I was actually hoping I was by myself on this and just had a streak of bad luck but what I found was that this is regular practice. I'd be willing to bet that Alabama is not alone either. I also did research and found that Kubota requires all dealers to have their personell TRAINED by the states DOT or Public Safety on a yearly basis (at least in Alabama), and this is done because of all the deliveries they make and changes in laws or updates, so that only reenforced my suspicions that they DO KNOW WEIGHT LIMITS AND TOWING/TRAILER LAWS. They just choose to ignore what is not governed regularly.

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR? #135  

If a trailer is rated for 7k lbs GVWR, and the trailer weighs 1500 lbs it seems the general consensus is that 5500 lbs is the max load that can be placed on this trailer.

HOWEVER

Since the truck should be taking 15% of the load for proper tongue weight, can the load placed on the trailer actually be 6550 lbs?

Clearly that is provided the axle weights don't go over their individual ratings and the hitch is rated for the tongue load.

ac

You are correct above as in bold... that is the GVWR of the trailer...The towing vehicle is not included in calculations

HOWEVER

ac

Thats the problem...the trailer is rated at 5000# GVW. The trailer I got is stamped "5000lbs maximun weight limit" and "700lb tongue weight". That means the tractor alone exceeds the limit.

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR? #137  
Alabama Law is the same...problem is no one checks this in our state. No one inspects whats going on, and the dealers are doing what most dealers do.....moving units as quickly as possible to make a buck. I was actually hoping I was by myself on this and just had a streak of bad luck but what I found was that this is regular practice. I'd be willing to bet that Alabama is not alone either. I also did research and found that Kubota requires all dealers to have their personell TRAINED by the states DOT or Public Safety on a yearly basis (at least in Alabama), and this is done because of all the deliveries they make and changes in laws or updates, so that only reenforced my suspicions that they DO KNOW WEIGHT LIMITS AND TOWING/TRAILER LAWS. They just choose to ignore what is not governed regularly.
I hope they fix the problem real quick for you.

And don't forget to get extra straps for the FEL and Backhoe...........and the backhoe is required to be resting on the deck, it cannot be suspended in the air.

And don't forget to get extra straps for the FEL and Backhoe...........and the backhoe is required to be resting on the deck, it cannot be suspended in the air.

Thanks Don....I'll update everyone after this is resolved. :smurf:

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR? #139  

I don't know if his trailer is long enough to do that.

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR? #140  
As I understand it, if there is a transport lock (ie: a metal pin to lock the boom up and to keep it from swinging) the boom can be in the air.

Aaron Z