HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR?

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR? #51  
Gary, it looks like the dealer used a 5th wheel instead of a bumper hitch. You can load a 5th wheel quite a bit heavier on the truck, as your second picture shows.
I really think that trailer was a big pintle hitch hooked on to a F650 frame sized truck. He was no way near overloaded. He could have hauled the tractor on his big flatbed truck if he had a way to get it on.

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR? #52  
Legal issues aside. GET BRAKES so you don't kill someone or yourself.

Thats way too much weight not to have brakes...

I'm trying to be polite, but its people like you that put innocent people in the hospital..

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR? #53  
I don't know if everyone knows this, but I see a lot of loads strapped down and the straps are vibrating like crazy as people drive down the highway. That is noisy, hard on the straps and create a wear point if you run the strap over a painted surface. If you simply put a twist in the straps it almost always gets rid if the vibration. Smooth sailing from that point.

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR?

I'm trying to be polite, but its people like you that put innocent people in the hospital..

Although I appreciate your "politeness" you saying "people like me putting innocent people in the hospital" has been taken as an insult. Not trying to start anything here, but this forum was done to ensure I was going to tow safely because I detected a potential problem when I did tow it, thus I parked the trailer and it hasn't moved and wont move again until the problem is resolved. Thanks to many of the Good people here on TBN I now have a safety plan for my trailer and it has been pointed out what I need to do. I am assuming you are a Firefighter by your name. I am a Police Officer and have no problem admitting when I am wrong, which if you would look at all of the correspondences here you would have seen that. I do not appreciate the comment you made or the way it was made. I have seen stupidity on the roads for myself as I am sure you have, and I know people sometimes don't think before they act especially when driving / towing things. That said....its people like me that stop...think....and ask advice from people with more experience in this area... before driving and towing things which is exactly what I did. I understand what you were attempting to say, I just don't think you went about it in the "polite" manner that you believe you did.

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR? #55  

There is no justification for this kind of remark! and you are not being polite.

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR? #56  
The best thing I did as far as towing my tractor was have a local trailer guy build me an 18' tandem axle that tilts. I towed on a 16' for 5 years and used ramps to load and unload. Life is much better now! Where is my cold beer?

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR? #58  
Although I appreciate your "politeness" you saying "people like me putting innocent people in the hospital" has been taken as an insult. Not trying to start anything here, but this forum was done to ensure I was going to tow safely because I detected a potential problem when I did tow it, thus I parked the trailer and it hasn't moved and wont move again until the problem is resolved. Thanks to many of the Good people here on TBN I now have a safety plan for my trailer and it has been pointed out what I need to do. I am assuming you are a Firefighter by your name. I am a Police Officer and have no problem admitting when I am wrong, which if you would look at all of the correspondences here you would have seen that. I do not appreciate the comment you made or the way it was made. I have seen stupidity on the roads for myself as I am sure you have, and I know people sometimes don't think before they act especially when driving / towing things. That said....its people like me that stop...think....and ask advice from people with more experience in this area... before driving and towing things which is exactly what I did. I understand what you were attempting to say, I just don't think you went about it in the "polite" manner that you believe you did.

I'm glad to hear you only towed it once and learned quickly, but reading your original post it sounds like it was regular common practice to tow it like that, and not a single incident, which would be completely unacceptable. I can accept a single issolated incident, yet you identify yourself as a PO.

As a police office I would think you would have been smarter than to attempt it in the first place, having seen the stupid things done by many motorists, as you've stated. Not to mention the violation of state DOT laws and trailer brakes.

And yes I'm a firefighter and I have seen the carnage from those doing said "stupid things" , and I would expect us to lead by example.

I'm sorry you are offended, but you obviously know/ understand where I'm coming from... Good luck with the rest of your thread /towing. It is not my usual to be rude, but this is a dangerous issue that can and does injure innocent people in general.

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR? #59  
I'm glad to hear you only towed it once and learned quickly, but reading your original post it sounds like it was regular common practice to tow it like that, and not a single incident, which would be completely unacceptable. I can accept a single issolated incident, yet you identify yourself as a PO.

As a police office I would think you would have been smarter than to attempt it in the first place, having seen the stupid things done by many motorists, as you've stated. Not to mention the violation of state DOT laws and trailer brakes.

And yes I'm a firefighter and I have seen the carnage from those doing said "stupid things" , and I would expect us to lead by example.

I'm sorry you are offended, but you obviously know/ understand where I'm coming from... Good luck with the rest of your thread /towing.

It is so easy to pick out those posters that are North of the Mason/Dixon line!