Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    2011 KUBOTA L3200 W/ LOADER, BH77 BACKHOE

Default HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR?

I wanted to get some insight as to how everyone out there in "tractor land" loads and tows their tractor. I have a kubota L3200 w/ BH 77 backhoe. I transport it on an 18 ft. dual axle trailer (no brakes on trailer) and I have found that if I back my tractor on the trailer instead of pulling it on forward, I actually put more weight towards the hitch, and axles which makes the tow a lot more stable. I do plan to get brakes on the trailer because I'm towing it with a 2004 Nissan Titan (5.6L v8) and althought it pulls it with no problems, it can be a little "hairy" at times when its time to stop. I posted these pics to see if anyone else has had my idea, and also wanted to note that even though the backhoe bucket extends over the front rail, I have had no problems with turn radius.....the bucket never gets close to the tailgate even in sharp turns.-tow1-jpg-tow2-jpg-tow3-jpg

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

Default Re: HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR?

Quote Originally Posted by PAPPASMURF View Post
    I do plan to get brakes on the trailer because I'm towing it with a 2004 Nissan Titan (5.6L v8) and althought it pulls it with no problems, it can be a little "hairy" at times when its time to stop.

Get brakes to avoid legal problems, too.

Chapter 760-X-1 Public Safety
    760-X-1-.09 Defining The Adequacy Of Brakes, And Prescribing The Performance Standards Thereof, Of Motor Vehicles Using The Highways Of The State Of Alabama.

(c) Brakes on all Wheels - Every vehicle shall be equipped with brakes acting on all wheels except:
    1. Trailers, Semi-Trailers, or Pole Trailers of a gross weight not exceeding 3,000 pounds, ...

Gold Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by bcp View Post
    Get brakes to avoid legal problems, too.
    good point!

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

You could probably put a small deck (spare tire storage perhaps?) in front of the front rail to rest the bucket on.

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Gold Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by aczlan View Post
    You could probably put a small deck (spare tire storage perhaps?) in front of the front rail to rest the bucket on.

Aaron Z
    I actually thought the same thing Aaron.....I might just begin some plans for something like that. It bothered me early on that the bucket was just hanging there!

Tractor
    JD 3320

I tow by JD 3320 with my dump trailer. It's a little short with a brush hog or big implement on the back but overall it works great. I've never tried backing on the trailer but might give it a try and see how it does.

-image-1735714397-jpg

Gold Member
    Tractor

[QUOTE=El Wood;3134187]I tow by JD 3320 with my dump trailer. It's a little short with a brush hog or big implement on the back but overall it works great. I've never tried backing on the trailer but might give it a try and see how it does.

Now that's a NICE trailer right there El Wood!

Tractor
    Kubota L3800

Tow my L3800 with a Ford F-150. Have a 16" trailer and it works fine with loader and box blade or tiller attached. I drive forward rest the bucket on a tool box attached to the tongue of the trailer. I have not towed with my brush hog on, but think that may be a problem with space.

Gold Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by tractorshopper View Post
    Tow my L3800 with a Ford F-150. Have a 16" trailer and it works fine with loader and box blade or tiller attached. I drive forward rest the bucket on a tool box attached to the tongue of the trailer. I have not towed with my brush hog on, but think that may be a problem with space.
    Boy...that's a tiny trailer for an L3800 (16 inches?) ha ha.....I know you meant 16' , just poking fun. Do you have brakes on the trailer? How does it handle with the stopping? We basically have the same set up minus the backhoe, but I'd bet you could load it with the brush hog in the full upright position and set it on the railing up front and maybe have enough space.

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

[QUOTE=PAPPASMURF;3134192]
    Quote Originally Posted by El Wood View Post
    I tow by JD 3320 with my dump trailer. It's a little short with a brush hog or big implement on the back but overall it works great. I've never tried backing on the trailer but might give it a try and see how it does.

Now that's a NICE trailer right there El Wood!
    YES it is!!
    Deano
    2006 BX24, 6' New Implements rake, Woods RB60 rear blade, Wallenstein thumb, Bro-Tek rear skid plate, home made front skid plate, W.R. Long flat tooth bar, 4' finishing mower (TPH), 4' box blade, post hole digger, New style seat!!!!! Country Manufacturing manure spreader, Agri-Fab drop spreader.

Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast