Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    2012 kubota l3200

Default Disengaging 4wd on Kubota L3200

Have a new L3200. Is it normal to have to use your foot to get enough pressure to disengage the 4wd?

Tractor
    Deere 990/Montana 5740

Default Re: Disengaging 4wd on Kubota L3200

I don't know,, I have Montana and a deere.. but welcome to the forum.. Lou
    "Life is good if beer is cold"

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

My L3400 was difficult at times also, sometimes you can turn the front wheels to relieve any binding between the front axle and the rear.. you can also change to 4wd to 2wd on a more slippery surface like gravel or grass instead of asphalt or concrete.. sometimes this can make a difference. I dont have the l3400 any more, The Kioti I have now is electrically over hydraulic operated.. I have a switch on the dash to flick..no foot needed Of course if something goes wrong with the electrical connection or the solenoid/hydraulic side of it.. I may be wishing it worked like yours!

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    Kubota L3200, Ford 1210

Quote Originally Posted by Huvrman View Post
    Have a new L3200. Is it normal to have to use your foot to get enough pressure to disengage the 4wd?
    No. Sounds like you're forcing it. I don't know what the internals look like but imagine there are forks / rods / something in there that would be unhappy if you stomped on the handle. Also if you're running on a surface that you can get traction on it can bind things up a bit. Try getting on grass with the wheels straight. Then while applying some pressure to the 4WD handle move the tractor forward and backward a couple times.

Tractor
    Challenger MT285B

Don't force it. You can usually move the tractor a bit to let off the pressure on the gears while gently pressing on the 4WD lever . Or lift the front wheels off the ground if you have a loader. I usually push gently with my heel while moving and turning a bit. It will slide out of 4WD smoothly.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huvrman View Post

What I recommend is putting tractor in gear and letting it roll a couple of inches. The FWD will go in and out real easy then. Same goes with trying to get it out of a range of gears and into another say Low to Medium.

Don't need to force it if you try that.

Good luck!
    Kubota L3800HST w/LA524 Loader
    Land Pride Medium-Duty Cutter (RCF 2060)
    Armstrong Box Blade (BB-05)
    Rhino Post Hole Digger (L200)

Tractor
    Kubota 7510 and B3200

Quote Originally Posted by chim View Post
    No. Sounds like you're forcing it. I don't know what the internals look like but imagine there are forks / rods / something in there that would be unhappy if you stomped on the handle. Also if you're running on a surface that you can get traction on it can bind things up a bit. Try getting on grass with the wheels straight. Then while applying some pressure to the 4WD handle move the tractor forward and backward a couple times.
    Chim's instructions work for me on my B3200. I try to have my wheels pointing straight ahead, move the tractor back then forward a bit and it shifts right into 2WD.
    Caution: Some of my posts may be politically incorrect.
    Kubota B7510 & B3200

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7800

It is normal to get what is called wind up in the driveshaft to the front axle. Usually when driving on pavement or hard packed dirt roads. DO NOT try to force the lever down as this will damage the linkage.
    Generaly speaking, if you roll the tractor backwards slightly, it should shift out of gear without a problem. Another way is to use the loader to lift the front wheels off of the ground and allow the the driveshaft to relax and then shift out of four wheel drive.
    Mike
    B7800 "Drowned Rat"
    It spent 6 weeks under water

Tractor
    Kubota L3400DT

The manual suggests turning the steering wheel while engaging or disengaging 4wd, this works. Lifting the front end with the loader would work too though I haven't tried that.

Sean

Silver Member
    Tractor
    MX5100HST FEL

I always nudge straight ahead then at the moment i stop I push the lever same with the three speed transmission. I remember when I first got my kubota that never seemed right to me now its just natural.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast