Disengaging 4wd on Kubota L3200

/ Disengaging 4wd on Kubota L3200 #1  

Huvrman

Tractor
2012 kubota l3200
Have a new L3200. Is it normal to have to use your foot to get enough pressure to disengage the 4wd?

/ Disengaging 4wd on Kubota L3200 #2  
I don't know,, I have Montana and a Deere.. but welcome to the forum.. Lou

/ Disengaging 4wd on Kubota L3200 #3  
My L3400 was difficult at times also, sometimes you can turn the front wheels to relieve any binding between the front axle and the rear.. you can also change to 4wd to 2wd on a more slippery surface like gravel or grass instead of asphalt or concrete.. sometimes this can make a difference. I dont have the l3400 any more, The Kioti I have now is electrically over hydraulic operated.. I have a switch on the dash to flick..no foot needed:) Of course if something goes wrong with the electrical connection or the solenoid/hydraulic side of it.. :shocked: I may be wishing it worked like yours!

James K0UA

/ Disengaging 4wd on Kubota L3200 #4  
Have a new L3200. Is it normal to have to use your foot to get enough pressure to disengage the 4wd?

No. Sounds like you're forcing it. I don't know what the internals look like but imagine there are forks / rods / something in there that would be unhappy if you stomped on the handle. Also if you're running on a surface that you can get traction on it can bind things up a bit. Try getting on grass with the wheels straight. Then while applying some pressure to the 4WD handle move the tractor forward and backward a couple times.

/ Disengaging 4wd on Kubota L3200 #5  
Don't force it. You can usually move the tractor a bit to let off the pressure on the gears while gently pressing on the 4WD lever . Or lift the front wheels off the ground if you have a loader. I usually push gently with my heel while moving and turning a bit. It will slide out of 4WD smoothly.

/ Disengaging 4wd on Kubota L3200 #6  

What I recommend is putting tractor in gear and letting it roll a couple of inches. The FWD will go in and out real easy then. Same goes with trying to get it out of a range of gears and into another say Low to Medium.

Don't need to force it if you try that.

Good luck!

/ Disengaging 4wd on Kubota L3200 #7  
No. Sounds like you're forcing it. I don't know what the internals look like but imagine there are forks / rods / something in there that would be unhappy if you stomped on the handle. Also if you're running on a surface that you can get traction on it can bind things up a bit. Try getting on grass with the wheels straight. Then while applying some pressure to the 4WD handle move the tractor forward and backward a couple times.

Chim's instructions work for me on my B3200. I try to have my wheels pointing straight ahead, move the tractor back then forward a bit and it shifts right into 2WD.

/ Disengaging 4wd on Kubota L3200 #8  
It is normal to get what is called wind up in the driveshaft to the front axle. Usually when driving on pavement or hard packed dirt roads. DO NOT try to force the lever down as this will damage the linkage.
Generaly speaking, if you roll the tractor backwards slightly, it should shift out of gear without a problem. Another way is to use the loader to lift the front wheels off of the ground and allow the the driveshaft to relax and then shift out of four wheel drive.

/ Disengaging 4wd on Kubota L3200 #9  
The manual suggests turning the steering wheel while engaging or disengaging 4wd, this works. Lifting the front end with the loader would work too though I haven't tried that.

Sean

/ Disengaging 4wd on Kubota L3200 #10  
I always nudge straight ahead then at the moment i stop I push the lever same with the three speed transmission. I remember when I first got my kubota that never seemed right to me now its just natural.