Snow 2750 Snow Blower

/ 2750 Snow Blower #1  

whatever1

Silver Member
I have a BX-24 with a front mounted Snow Blower for a few years. I have noticed that it does not throw the snow as far as it used to. Wet or dry snow....
Also I noticed more snow accumilating in the back of the blower housing ( inside).
Do the impeller and augers wear ? giving more clearance. Is the a way to rebuild them ?
Does wnyone make a "cover " that would go on the edges of the auger or impeller to take up the clearance ?

Thanks

/ 2750 Snow Blower #2  
I am assuming it is a belt driven blower? Maybe the belt is slipping and it is not operating at the required RPM?

/ 2750 Snow Blower #3  
the BX2750 is mid pto driven, no belts involved... Kubota's spec sheet says the 16" impeller speed is about 900 rpm(at rated pto rpm of 2500, at engine rpm of 3200).
that should throw the snow pretty good.

I run a B2781 on the rear pto of my BX24, it has a 17.5" impeller, which will run at 540 rpm if I rev the engine to 3200...which I rarely do.
I usually run about 2600 engine rpm, which translates to 438 impeller rpm.
I throw snow about 25 ft dry, really wet snow maybe 10ft.

I just checked, I have maybe 1/8 inch clearance between impeller blades and housing.
Unless you're blowing a lot of gravel with your snow, I doubt you would have much wear on the impeller.

maybe your chute deflector is angled down too much ?

/ 2750 Snow Blower #4  
I would check the rpms. With my 2200 I used to run WOT. With my 2620 I run about 2200 right now until it gets broken in and then it will be WOT.

/ 2750 Snow Blower #5  
Have you checked the shear bolt on the impeller?

/ 2750 Snow Blower #6  
Here is the kit most commonly recommended:
HOW IT WORKS

Other than impeller clearance, engine rpm would be the most likely candidate for your issue. Use WOT and don't try too much forward speed, if it is wet or heavy.

/ 2750 Snow Blower #7  
I have a BX-24 with a front mounted Snow Blower for a few years. I have noticed that it does not throw the snow as far as it used to. Wet or dry snow....
Also I noticed more snow accumilating in the back of the blower housing ( inside).
Do the impeller and augers wear ? giving more clearance. Is the a way to rebuild them ?
Does wnyone make a "cover " that would go on the edges of the auger or impeller to take up the clearance ?

Thanks

I know it sounds crazy but they do make snowplow wax (it's spray on). I use WD -40 or a silicone spray to help with the sticking. As far as the throw I don't think you will get that much "wear" unless you are moving more than snow or have had some big items that got stuck but you didn't mention that. Maybe check your chain to see if it has got some stretch or your gears have some worn teeth.

/ 2750 Snow Blower #8  
Check the top gear on the chain drive. Mine has had problems coming loose (2 allen screws with Loctite blue). Yours might be allowing the fan to move forward and create a gap between the housing. Worth a check. Also make sure that you RPM is up to provide the correct PTO speed - ISTR 3125rpm.

When's the last time you've oiled the chain? btw - the snow's been 'funny' this year up here, looks fluffy since it's cold but heavy to throw, like sugar snow.

/ 2750 Snow Blower #9  
Snow Blowers are just like MMM, rear rotary cutters and roto-tillers. WIDE OPEN THROTTLE.
Remember using the old push type lawnmowers. If you ran it less than full throttle, it didn't cut worth a s***. These engines are disigned to run at full speed. They have a govenor built into the engine to prevent over revving.

/ 2750 Snow Blower
the BX2750 is mid pto driven, no belts involved... Kubota's spec sheet says the 16" impeller speed is about 900 rpm(at rated pto rpm of 2500, at engine rpm of 3200).
that should throw the snow pretty good.

I run a B2781 on the rear pto of my BX24, it has a 17.5" impeller, which will run at 540 rpm if I rev the engine to 3200...which I rarely do.
I usually run about 2600 engine rpm, which translates to 438 impeller rpm.
I throw snow about 25 ft dry, really wet snow maybe 10ft.

I just checked, I have maybe 1/8 inch clearance between impeller blades and housing.
Unless you're blowing a lot of gravel with your snow, I doubt you would have much wear on the impeller.

maybe your chute deflector is angled down too much ?

Clearance on mine is about 1/2" that is between the auger ( the first thing the snow hits) and the housing.