Brake switch

/ Brake switch #1  

maxborden

Tractor
M9540 Kubota
Do any of you know where the brake light switch is located on an M9540 Kubota? My stop lights are not working but tail lamps are. thanks

/ Brake switch #2  
My m8540 has never had brake lights that work i bought it new in 2011 just assumed it does not have brake lights. If i find it does I'm going to have to track down the problem

Dave

/ Brake switch #3  
My 9540 has never had any brake lights. I was surprised to say the least. It's open station, maybe the cab tractors have them?

/ Brake switch #4  
It's weird....
I was looking through threads and saw this. My Case/IH has a brake light switch, but it's only for the cruise control to turn it off much like when you tap the brakes on your car. The tail lamps take a 1157 bulb, but seem to only use the weaker filament.

I took a look through the parts catalog for that tractor and didn't find a brake switch either.

Last edited:
   / Brake switch
Thank you everyone; Ill call dealer 2morrow. I'll post the answer I get.

/ Brake switch
I took my light assembly apart and it has three wires, ground, lamp, and brake. We'll know tomorrow!

/ Brake switch #7  
I took my light assembly apart and it has three wires, ground, lamp, and brake. We'll know tomorrow!

Interesting. Is yours open station or cab?

/ Brake switch #9  
Ours is a cab model and it has never had brake lights.

/ Brake switch
I called dealer this morning and there are no brake lights and no brake lights through the 7 pin implement connector. Atleast I know I am not crazy; I climbed all over the tractor and couldn't find a switch. I suppose mystery solved and have a good day!