Covered by warranty?

/ Covered by warranty?
Thanks yelbike & Ray - y'all are right.

/ Covered by warranty? #33  
orezok, I do owe you an apology. As soon as I posted my reply to you I felt terrible.
I know you were just trying to help and maybe just throw a little cold water on me to cool me down, which admittedly the older I get the more I need.
I also know this isn't a really big deal, and will get righted. I just hate to be in these situations and it seems they occur, these days, way to frequently.
Again, I'm sorry , I didn't mean to take out my frustration on you. :sorry:

No harm, no foul. i was just trying to point out that if the axle was not level when checked, a wrong reading would occur.

/ Covered by warranty?
Well, just got off the phone with my dealer and he said he remembers my boot looking old and cracked when I brought it in. Everyone here saw the before pic and knows the truth. Anyway, I told him I have pics of before and after and I'd show it to him. He said no need immediately and said he'd already(?) ordered new ball joint boots. Told him they forgot to check and top off the front axle too and asked for a qt of superudt2, and I'd do it, again he said no prob - and there was no need for me to go thru the trouble of hauling her back in, they'd send out the service truck when the parts come in maybe tomorrow or Wed. I feel better, but I'm not counting my chickens yet. Will see how this goes....
Just seems like an awful long way around the barn to get the job done right, when it would have been so much easier at first.
Will post the final outcome in a day or 2. Thanks for eveyone's support and well wishes. :proposetoast:

/ Covered by warranty? #35  
Right or wrong, some times the owner/manager doesn't check all work performed at their dealership. If a customer brings an issue to their attention and it's resolved then I feel OK with the dealership. If the manager/owner starts giving all the reasons they probably didn't make a mistake......well, I feel totally different. Give the guy a chance to fulfill his latest promise and then decide.:)

/ Covered by warranty? #36  
Right or wrong, some times the owner/manager doesn't check all work performed at their dealership. If a customer brings an issue to their attention and it's resolved then I feel OK with the dealership. If the manager/owner starts giving all the reasons they probably didn't make a mistake......well, I feel totally different. Give the guy a chance to fulfill his latest promise and then decide.:)

Your absolutely correct! Everyone makes mistakes, it's what you do about it that makes the difference!

/ Covered by warranty?
Dealer's service manager called and scheduled mobile tech here for Monday am.
Said they'd replace entire tie-rods(easier to replace than having to split the ball joints to just do boots), and will remember to bring me a qt of sudt for the front axle.
Looks like they're on the right track. Will see on Mon.

/ Covered by warranty?
Mobile tech got here right on time. Changed out the tie-rods, adjusted the front wheels tow-in and was done in about a half hour's time. Remembered my qt of sudt. All back to normal. Like some of you have said before, everyone makes mistakes it just matters what they do to fix 'em.
They acted appropriately. Thanks to all for your support and well wishes. KW