Traction L3800 HST All Wheels are not Spinning When Stuck; Tractor selected in 4 Wheel Drive

/ L3800 HST All Wheels are not Spinning When Stuck; Tractor selected in 4 Wheel Drive #1  

TurkeyHerder

Tractor
Kubota L3800HST
I have a 2012 Kubota L3800 HST. While plowing (all wheel selector engaged) through a hard spot and the tractor starts to spin, the right front wheel does not spin. Is this normal?

/ L3800 HST All Wheels are not Spinning When Stuck; Tractor selected in 4 Wheel Drive #2  
Yes this is very possible. You can only lock the rear axle so both rear tires will pull even if one is in the air. The front has a open differential which means the tire with the least amount of traction will spin.

/ L3800 HST All Wheels are not Spinning When Stuck; Tractor selected in 4 Wheel Drive #3  
Yes, its normal. More like 3 wheel drive :)

/ L3800 HST All Wheels are not Spinning When Stuck; Tractor selected in 4 Wheel Drive
Great knowledge and makes sense. Thank you

/ L3800 HST All Wheels are not Spinning When Stuck; Tractor selected in 4 Wheel Drive #5  
The open differential is necessary for the steering wheels to be able to 'give' when you are turning.

/ L3800 HST All Wheels are not Spinning When Stuck; Tractor selected in 4 Wheel Drive #6  
Yes, no locking front differentials on Kubotas and only some bigger M models have limited slip fronts.

/ L3800 HST All Wheels are not Spinning When Stuck; Tractor selected in 4 Wheel Drive #7  
Yes, no locking front differentials on Kubotas and only some bigger M models have limited slip fronts.

I believe everything from M7040 on up has limited slip v. the standard unlimited slip differential :) . Definitely handy when trying to back up when using the FEL in soft ground like wet clay
Edit: especially when backing up a hill and weight is transferred forward
Dave

/ L3800 HST All Wheels are not Spinning When Stuck; Tractor selected in 4 Wheel Drive #8  
I believe everything from M7040 on up has limited slip v. the standard unlimited slip differential :) . Definitely handy when trying to back up when using the FEL in soft ground like wet clay
Edit: especially when backing up a hill and weight is transferred forward
Dave

It sure is nice, we use to get our Case CX80 stuck on a fairly regular basis, but have yet to get the M8540 into something we could not get out of with the FEL anf diff lock along with the limited slip front differential. My son and I cleaned an old pond out a couple of years ago and he was often dragging the belly on the 8540 and it just kept going; I am sold on them, just wish my 5740 had it.