Oil & Fuel Adding a Spin on Racor filter to a BX25

/ Adding a Spin on Racor filter to a BX25
The instructions that came with my kit make no mention of where to or not install so I am guessing that the dealer is taking the easy route.

Yup they cut a corner for sure in light of the instructions posted by pmhowe. Id be taking a copy of those instructions and having a chat with the dealer!

/ Adding a Spin on Racor filter to a BX25 #22  
The right hand side by the flywheel on the L is the same location on the engine as the left front of the BX series since the engines set in the tractor with the flywheel in the front.

OP, thanks for the pics of the install, I have a filter like that but haven't found a place to install it. I like the way you mounted yours, I'll have to copy that.

wondering same

Well thats interesting... I know I answered GA way back before the block heater talk... where did my response go?

Yes, the second filter remains. It probably doesnt have to, but I left it in case something happens to the lift pump and as a last protection for the injection pump.

/ Adding a Spin on Racor filter to a BX25 #25  
Well thats interesting... I know I answered GA way back before the block heater talk... where did my response go?

Yes, the second filter remains. It probably doesnt have to, but I left it in case something happens to the lift pump and as a last protection for the injection pump.

Thanks Jason. Makes sense.

/ Adding a Spin on Racor filter to a BX25 #26  
Is there any possibility of using a lower radiator hose heater on the BX ? That would be my first choice.

EDIT: Found this on the myTractorForum

The BX2350 has many newer mods which include alittle more hp & hydro pump output. Redesigned HST pedals which has done away with tthe treadle pedal, more operator room, curved booms on the FEL and the tractor was restyled with the hood being changed from metal to plastic.
Some like the new look some don't.....
There are many other mods between the models that I didn't list but I touched on the major changes.
The engine has stayed basically the same with minor tweaking to squeeze out alittle more hp but Kubota changed made one engine modification midway through the BX2230 series run to where the newer modified engine couldn't use the in-block engine heater like the older BX2200/BX2230 engine, the heater now has to be installed in the lower radiator hose on the BX2230/BX2350. As far as I know all the engines share many of the same parts.

Is there any possibility of using a lower radiator hose heater on the BX ? That would be my first choice.

You dont need the hose heater. The in-block works fine and is the current part for the BX25.When installed in the proper location you have full access to the water jacket. with the element so there is excellent heat transfer. Im not sure where he got the idea that the heater HAS to be installed in the rad hose?:confused3:

We had some -20*C days recently and the tractor started without issue... actually I'd almost swear it started better in -20 with the block heater than in mid summer!!!

/ Adding a Spin on Racor filter to a BX25 #28  
Nice clean installation Jason, of a well regarded filter/assy.

These yoyo temperature swings are murder for condensation, that Racor should be a big help.

If you still have issues (or just am a belt/suspenders guy like me), consider Standayne as an additive. One of the reasons I went with Stanadyne (Performance formula) is that it de-emulsifies (I think of it as coagulates) the really tiny water droplets. I believe they also have a Winter formula, if you mostly just want the water modifying version.

Diesel Fuel Additives - Stanadyne

Rgds, D.

Dave. Only one dealer for Stanadyne in the province it looks. Ive heard good things. Most guys here run KleenFlo... because its cheap and available everywhere. Howes is too.

I remember reading a comparison that compared the big brands of additives, wish I could find it again.

/ Adding a Spin on Racor filter to a BX25 #30  

If they are talking about the D902 engine, I installed a block heater in the one on my BX2230, the D905 was used on the BX2200, that information is old and is incorrect on the hose heater being the only solution.

Part #70000-00771 is a 25mm freeze plug heater made for the D902 engine in the BX2230 & BX2250 and probably the BX2260 tractors. Goes on left side of tractor in front of the injection pump (right rear of engine.

If you would like one for the D902 used in the RTV application it is a 30mm that goes at flywheel end of the head, the part number is 70000-17552

David Kb7uns