New Owner Advice

/ New Owner Advice #1  

searchforsimple

Hello all, this is my first post. My new Kubota B2620 with FEL, land pride bush hog, and land pride tiller will be delivered on Thursday. This is my first tractor that I have purchased after just recently buying a small farm in Maine. I grew up on a farm in Iowa and learned how to drive on a Ford 8N when I was six. What I would like advice on is recommended maintance, oil, hydro oil what types? Basically how do I best care for my new machine. Advice from you would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

/ New Owner Advice #3  
:welcome:

/ New Owner Advice #4  
Follow your manual

/ New Owner Advice #5  
Hello all, this is my first post. My new Kubota B2620 with FEL, land pride bush hog, and land pride tiller will be delivered on Thursday. This is my first tractor that I have purchased after just recently buying a small farm in Maine. I grew up on a farm in Iowa and learned how to drive on a Ford 8N when I was six. What I would like advice on is recommended maintance, oil, hydro oil what types? Basically how do I best care for my new machine. Advice from you would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Congrats on the new machine....Personally, I use all Kubota stuff on mine..The cost isn't really that bad for most things...I only use the Kubota SUDT not aftermarket hydro oil...SUDT is pretty pricey, but piece of mind is worth the cost...There are mixed reviews on aftermarket fluids and you have an expensive piece of machinery...Treat it accordingly...The Corvette rule---If you can afford to buy it, you can afford to maintain it....I believe in this.:2cents:

And as was said, follow the manual--It gives you all of the schedules.

:welcome:

/ New Owner Advice
Thanks timswi

Appreciate advice on the fluids and agree on your corvette rule.

/ New Owner Advice #8  
As others have stated. Your new tractor will come with an Operator's Manual. Congratulations and Welcome aboard.

/ New Owner Advice #9  
Congrats on the tractor. I recommend you follow the manual. I also recommend you use Kubota filters especially while under warranty. I used Valvoline engine oil that exceeds the specs that Kubota requires and same for the grease I use. I also recommend you use the Kubota hydraulic oil, SUDT2. Don't forget to periodically retorque your wheels and loader bolts.

/ New Owner Advice #10  
Sounds very familiar. I loved my dad's 8N, although with the oversized rims and FEL, I wasn't strong enough to steer that one for a couple more years past the age of 6.

Your manual is the best place to start, especially on a new machine. Follow it to the letter to make sure you stay within warranty parms. Quite a few guys here will switch from SUDT to 80w90 synth gear lube after warranty for the front end, some use synth engine oil as well. The BX series tend to be short on front end oil, maybe the B's do that as well (it takes a while to fill in the gaps) so keep an eye on that.

Welcome aboard! Great site, great people here, lots of fantastic advice, some good old fashioned fun. And remember the cardinal rule: if you don't post pictures, it didn't happen. :)