Flat rear tire on the B26

/ Flat rear tire on the B26 #1  

Gary Fowler

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010
I was out levelling some dirt with the B26 that I had dumped on the pond levees with my LS and was just about finished levelling and compacting it when I heard a scraping on the fender, looked over and right rear tire was flat. I was up on the pond levee at the moment, so I used the outrigger to lift it up. I went to my shop, got the air compressor on and tank filled then hauled it to my B26. I took a 2" rachet strap to try to compress the center to make the bead reseat but it just wasnt enough force. Tried to put air in and it just wouldnt seal. Went back to the shop and got my 1" drive sockets and removed the tire, rolled it over to my Kubota RTV which still had the compressor in it and was contemplating how to load the tire to take it to the shop to work on it. Then I noticed that during the rolling to the RTV, it looked like the bead was pretty well seated so I popped on the air hose and sure enough it sealed off and aired up the tire. Max pressure on the little tire was listed as 30PSI so I put 25 PSI in it and remounted it to the tractor. Finished compacting the fresh dirt and drove to my shop. Checked the rest of the tires: Left rear had 10 PSI, fronts had 18 PSI with 35 listed as max. I put 32 in the front and aired the left rear to 25 to match the other side. Now will have to keep an eye on them to see if they all stay at that pressure. Even at 10 PSI on the rear, it was just barely squating but with the backhoe on it , I wanted more air so I dont roll another one off. Traction isnt an issue with it as I only use it for FEL work and backhoe work and the backhoe weight gives it plenty of traction.

/ Flat rear tire on the B26 #2  
What pressure does the owners manual call for my rears call for 16 psi and fronts a 24 psi max front is listed at 40 psi.

Dave