Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    2011 KUBOTA L3200 W/ LOADER, BH77 BACKHOE

Default A couple of neat Idea's

I wanted to share 2 ideas I had to modify my tractor and my trailer and recently finished. The first one is Fog/work lights I mounted on the ROPS. The pic below shows how I placed 2 forward and 2 aiming back so I can use the backhoe at night if I needed to. I painted the "Baja" covers that came with the 4 fog lights, and then added the kubota logo to each one. Kinda looks factory to me!! The second project I just completed was two retractable legs on the rear of my 18' trailer. I had this idea because when I first load my tractor it lifts the back end of my truck up, and has even lifted the rear tires off the ground before, so I can now lower these support legs in the back and drive right on the trailer without raising the back of my truck. (the truck is a Nissan Titan 4X4 crew cab)
    I painted the legs Kubota Orange, then put the Kubota name on them just for looks!

-lights1-jpg-lights2-jpg-lights3-jpg-resampled_2013-01-07_15-35-23_790-a-resampled_2013-01-07_15-34-54_502-a-resampled_2013-01-07_15-35-41_879-a

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Default Re: A couple of neat Idea's

A friend of mine totaled his truck & trailer and another mans boat because he did NOT have those legs on his trailer...he does now!! The trucks rear end got real light and the truck started heading down a hill. Parking pawl bent and the rest of the way down the hill it went!!! I wish I still had the pictures!!
    Deano
    2006 BX24, 6' Modern Implements rake, Woods RB60 rear blade, Wallenstein thumb, Bro-Tek rear skid plate, home made front skid plate, W.R. Long flat tooth bar, 4' finishing mower (TPH), 4' box blade, post hole digger, New style seat!!!!!, Agri-Fab drop spreader.

Tractor
    Kubota Grand L5030HSTC

Very professional job! Super projects with excellent benefits.
    Joy is having the tools you need and needing the tools you have!

Kubota 5030 HSTC, BB, Danueser PHD, LA853 QA HD FEL w JD toothbar, 3pt chisel, 3 pt disk, 6' shredder, Kubota FEL hay spike, 3pt hay fork w carryall, Kubota RTV 1140

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Well done.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Gold Member
    Tractor

THANKS for all the compliments. Deano, I too almost had a terrible accident because I didnt have these legs. If you ever load a tractor with a half ton pick-up hooked up to the trailer, then NEVER do it on any downgrade. I made that mistake and rode down a hill on the tractor which I had partially pulled on the trailer, and luckily the truck jack-knifed halfway down with no damage at all. I was lucky but learned a valuable lesson. There was nothing I could do but ride it out, and a cliff was only about 20 feet from where it jack knifed. Wife was almost a widow!!

Tractor
    Kubota B3030HSDC

Nice work !

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Quote Originally Posted by PAPPASMURF View Post
    THANKS for all the compliments. Deano, I too almost had a terrible accident because I didnt have these legs. If you ever load a tractor with a half ton pick-up hooked up to the trailer, then NEVER do it on any downgrade. I made that mistake and rode down a hill on the tractor which I had partially pulled on the trailer, and luckily the truck jack-knifed halfway down with no damage at all. I was lucky but learned a valuable lesson. There was nothing I could do but ride it out, and a cliff was only about 20 feet from where it jack knifed. Wife was almost a widow!!
    Almost exactly what happened to my friend...except it jacknifed after hitting the boat!!
    Deano
    2006 BX24, 6' Modern Implements rake, Woods RB60 rear blade, Wallenstein thumb, Bro-Tek rear skid plate, home made front skid plate, W.R. Long flat tooth bar, 4' finishing mower (TPH), 4' box blade, post hole digger, New style seat!!!!!, Agri-Fab drop spreader.

Gold Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Ductape View Post
    Nice work !
    THANKS Ductape!

Elite Member
    Tractor
    MT180D

Interesting as I am also planning on doing the same thing.
    I generally carried chunks of 4 X 4 and 6 X 6 as props but kept loosing them. LOL.
    Almost identical idea; inner and outer square tubing with HD foot.
    I found outer tubing pre drilled with holes every inch or so that will serve as adjustments for uneven ground, and as a plus it is galvanized. (same material municipalities use to mount stop signs)
    Great minds think alike!

BTW nice work.

Gold Member
    Tractor

Thanks Piloon......put some pics on as soon as you do your project!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast