A couple of neat Idea's

/ A couple of neat Idea's #1  

PAPPASMURF

Gold Member
Tractor
2011 KUBOTA L3200 W/ LOADER, BH77 BACKHOE
I wanted to share 2 ideas I had to modify my tractor and my trailer and recently finished. The first one is Fog/work lights I mounted on the ROPS. The pic below shows how I placed 2 forward and 2 aiming back so I can use the backhoe at night if I needed to. I painted the "Baja" covers that came with the 4 fog lights, and then added the Kubota logo to each one. Kinda looks factory to me!! The second project I just completed was two retractable legs on the rear of my 18' trailer. I had this idea because when I first load my tractor it lifts the back end of my truck up, and has even lifted the rear tires off the ground before, so I can now lower these support legs in the back and drive right on the trailer without raising the back of my truck. (the truck is a Nissan Titan 4X4 crew cab)
I painted the legs Kubota Orange, then put the Kubota name on them just for looks!:cool2:

lights1.jpglights2.jpglights3.jpgResampled_2013-01-07_15-35-23_790.jpgResampled_2013-01-07_15-34-54_502.jpgResampled_2013-01-07_15-35-41_879.jpg

/ A couple of neat Idea's #2  
A friend of mine totaled his truck & trailer and another mans boat because he did NOT have those legs on his trailer...he does now!! The trucks rear end got real light and the truck started heading down a hill. Parking pawl bent and the rest of the way down the hill it went!!! I wish I still had the pictures!!:shocked:

/ A couple of neat Idea's #3  
Very professional job! Super projects with excellent benefits.

/ A couple of neat Idea's
THANKS for all the compliments. Deano, I too almost had a terrible accident because I didnt have these legs. If you ever load a tractor with a half ton pick-up hooked up to the trailer, then NEVER do it on any downgrade. I made that mistake and rode down a hill on the tractor which I had partially pulled on the trailer, and luckily the truck jack-knifed halfway down with no damage at all. I was lucky but learned a valuable lesson. There was nothing I could do but ride it out, and a cliff was only about 20 feet from where it jack knifed. Wife was almost a widow!! :thumbdown:

/ A couple of neat Idea's #7  
THANKS for all the compliments. Deano, I too almost had a terrible accident because I didnt have these legs. If you ever load a tractor with a half ton pick-up hooked up to the trailer, then NEVER do it on any downgrade. I made that mistake and rode down a hill on the tractor which I had partially pulled on the trailer, and luckily the truck jack-knifed halfway down with no damage at all. I was lucky but learned a valuable lesson. There was nothing I could do but ride it out, and a cliff was only about 20 feet from where it jack knifed. Wife was almost a widow!! :thumbdown:

Almost exactly what happened to my friend...except it jacknifed after hitting the boat!!

/ A couple of neat Idea's #9  
Interesting as I am also planning on doing the same thing.
I generally carried chunks of 4 X 4 and 6 X 6 as props but kept loosing them. LOL.
Almost identical idea; inner and outer square tubing with HD foot.
I found outer tubing pre drilled with holes every inch or so that will serve as adjustments for uneven ground, and as a plus it is galvanized. (same material municipalities use to mount stop signs)
Great minds think alike!

BTW nice work.

/ A couple of neat Idea's
Thanks Piloon......put some pics on as soon as you do your project!