Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2400 HST

Default Re: Block Heater

Quote Originally Posted by PHILIP8N View Post
    So is that on the top of the transmission housing? Appears that there would be nothing but air under that plug. Philip.
    It's in the clutch housing see part number 100 in the pdf file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tractor
    Kubota M8540

Quote Originally Posted by tomf View Post

I'm guessing even the limited heating provided by the block heater would have been enough to prevent the ice from forming. I could be wrong. I never had a problem when I stored my tractor in my unheated barn no matter what the temperature was. The reason I parked the B2400 outside was because there was so much snow I could not get to the barn. Anyway, it's better than nothing.

Don't know how water got in the fluid. Always stored inside. Never operated in the rain.
    That all depends on exactly where the water froze and caused the dead head to occur. If its very close to the engine maybe. I don't know how often that kind of thing happens. The water did not necessarily come from rain. I'm going to guess it more likely came from condensation and the water pooling in a low spot and then freezing. Did you have a several days in between the time it sat and when you started the tractor that had warming and cooling above and below freezing or if it was sunny maybe just below freezing? This kind of thing probably would not have been solved by a trans heater. As there is a lot of fluid trapped out of contact of the heater. This is a guess I'm not overly experienced in hydraulics.

Dave

Dave

Tractor
    Kubota L45

Quote Originally Posted by Ace3 View Post
    I had the dealer install the kubota block heater. Works great. I walk out to the barn, plug it in, go back in and have a cup of coffee and by the time I'm done its warmed up any ready to start. I just think its better to pre-warm the enging before starting on a very cold day.
    Hi Ace3, what did it run you for the dealer install?
    Kubota L45 TLB
    Land Pride Box Scraper, Rear Blade,
    Land Pride Dual Spindle Mower
    King Kutter 72" tiller

Tractor
    Kubota B3030HSD

I recently installed a block heater in my B3030 and have used it a few times so far this winter. It's a screw-in type designed to heat just the coolant. On a 10 degree morning, plugging it in for 1 1/2 to 2 hours warmed up not only the coolant but just about everything else under the hood. The engine fired up as soon as I turned the key. I would recommend one. The hardest part of the install was removing the existing plug from the side of the engine - very tight.

-250921d1328882197-block-heater-install-question

-250925d1328882817-block-heater-install-question

Tractor
    Kubota M8540

Quote Originally Posted by von-mil View Post
    I recently The hardest part of the install was removing the existing plug from the side of the engine - very tight.
    Yes if it's was like my m8540 "very tight" is an understatement i believe several strings of 4 and 5 letter unmentionable words were used in this process. If i had used a proper anaerobic thread sealant the whole thing would have been done in under an hour it was actually pretty easy to install. I want to say my plug uses a 19mm Allen socket.

Dave

Dave

I have the kubota block heater in my tractor, used it once to make sure it worked. Never had any problems starting the engine and usually I don't want to wait an hour for it to warm up or leave it plugged in all night long if I think I may need it in the morning. I've thought about getting a timer so I could have it turn on a couple of hours before I thought I might need it but never got around to it. Usually it's the transmission that I want to warm up.
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

I had good luck with my magnetic block heater from Napa Auto. The beauty of magnetic is that you can switch them between machines. This sucker gets so hot that it almost gave me a 2nd degree burn when I touched it accidentally.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -napa-magnetic-block-heater-jpg  

Tractor
    Kubota BX2230

Quote Originally Posted by AStanton View Post
    I had good luck with my magnetic block heater from Napa Auto. The beauty of magnetic is that you can switch them between machines. This sucker gets so hot that it almost gave me a 2nd degree burn when I touched it accidentally.
    Wow! That is some heater! You put it on the bucket and the engine starts better!!!!

Tractor
    Kubota Grand L 3240HST

I have the kubota block heater on my l3240. I only use it when it is below 40 degrees outside. The tractor is stored in a unheated garage and it starts much better if plugged in for an hour or two. I also use synthetic motor oil which also helps in low temps.

I use a heavy duty remote power box designed for Christmas light displays to turn it on from my house. Works great and much easier than walking to the garage to plug it in. I just make sure I plug the block heater plug into the wireless remote power outlet before leaving the tractor when last used. I also plugged a light that I can see from the house into the same outlet so I can confirm the block heater is on.
    Kubota Grand L3240HST, LA724 FEL with QA, 72" QA bucket, Turf Tires, QA snow plow, QA Loader Buddy, Bradco Pallet Forks, Leinbach 72" pine straw rake, GroundWorks brush forks and Kubota L series ballast box.
    ---------------------------
    Stihl stuff

Tractor
    Kubota L3400

It does'nt get that cold here so I bought a 300 watt magnetic for my 3400 oil pan......only the oil pan is'nt magnetic - duh! Had to strap it on (there's a joke there somewhere). It's better than nothing but I may install a water heater during the summer.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast