Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter Kubota View Post
    Like a standard plow on a truck I have 2 single action pistons on each side... Works fine
    Thanks. I haven't got to use mine enough yet to know if it is working right or if the cylinders on the very used plow I bought are scrap iron.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Quote Originally Posted by Leejohn View Post
    My ? is, why put a truck snow plow onto the loader? Why not just pull the loader off and put it out of the way. Make a sub frame on the tractor then put the plow on. Now it's close to the tractor and it well plow great. But if that is what works best for you, I guess it would be ok, it just seems to me it's a mile out front. Kind of like driving a Buick stright 8. The ones that have done it, all your work looks great. Shine some light here for me and tell me why it is better.
    A advantage to it is you can leave your loader on and switch back to the bucket easily especially if you have SSQA. I went with a loader mounted blade because I could switch it to another tractor easily versus a subframe mount would require some work because it is more less tractor specific. You can also stack snow relay high with a loader mounted blade. A subframe mount probably does work better.
    Roger

Kubota BX2360 & Kubota L4240 with paddle shifter, suicide doors and 24's
    Past Stuff: Ford 8N, Cub Cadet 2206, Bobcat CT235

My Threads

EA Wicked Grapple Build - 3PH Pallet Mover - Harbor Freight QH Mods - L4240 Upgrades - BX2360 Upgrades- How Add a Switch to a Worklight

My YouTube Channel

Platinum Member Firefighter Kubota's Avatar
    Tractor
    Kubota 7510

Quote Originally Posted by Leejohn View Post
    My ? is, why put a truck snow plow onto the loader? Why not just pull the loader off and put it out of the way. Make a sub frame on the tractor then put the plow on. Now it's close to the tractor and it well plow great. But if that is what works best for you, I guess it would be ok, it just seems to me it's a mile out front. Kind of like driving a Buick stright 8. The ones that have done it, all your work looks great. Shine some light here for me and tell me why it is better.
    For me it it was one less implement change. I need both the plow AND the loader...and unless its alot of snow I use just the loader and grader blade on the rear... For large snow falls I can plow with the blade, drop the blade with only 2 pins ( as it mounts into my bucket) and then pile /move snow with the bucket...

Otherwise I need to drop the plow, 4 pins, back up and move over and then hook up the bucket with 4 pins... It also saved me from making a plow sub frame... Also, do to the extended length of the plow mounted inside my bucket, I can push snow deep and high... Almost higher than I can pile with the bucket...
    B 7510

FEL 302, Rear remotes, Hydraulic Toplink, Blockheater, 60" MMM, Pats easy change, 54" Puma 3pt Snowblower w Hydraulic chute controls, 6' York rake, 5' grader blade, Powerhorse Log splitter, 6.5 ft Western plow, 3 pt 2" trailer reciever, Bucket forks, "Thumb" grapple, Loaded Turfs, Carver wear blade, 40 AMP alternator, Stereo, AND A CUP HOLDER!

IAFF L-2892

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter kubota View Post
    For me it it was one less implement change. I need both the plow AND the loader...and unless its alot of snow I use just the loader and grader blade on the rear... For large snow falls I can plow with the blade, drop the blade with only 2 pins ( as it mounts into my bucket) and then pile /move snow with the bucket...

Otherwise I need to drop the plow, 4 pins, back up and move over and then hook up the bucket with 4 pins... It also saved me from making a plow sub frame... Also, do to the extended length of the plow mounted inside my bucket, I can push snow deep and high... Almost higher than I can pile with the bucket...
    Same thinking here. With a JD carrier I can pull two snap clips and drop the bucket in thirty seconds then hook into the plate mounted to the plow ,re insert the snap rings , attach two hoses to the third function disconnects and be in business. The plow won't be much further out then the bucket was and that puts the end of the blade where I can see it. And I can use the loader arms to lift the plow any height needed to step wing back or push back banks.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2400 HST

Here's how it looks after the first coat of paint. Hopefully I'll get the second coat of paint on tomorrow. Then I can start working on getting the hydraulics hooked up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure-img_1318.jpg  

That ain't kubota orange!!

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046

Nice job.
    All thats missing horse shoe for luck,by that I mean..whew I was luck I miss the mail box,auto etc. when plowing at night.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2400 HST

Second coat of paint. Now on to the hydraulics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure-img_1320.jpg  

Tractor
    new holland tn65

We were promised a pushable snow last night but it missed me by 10 miles. All dressed up and nowhere to go. So, I thought I'd post some pictures anyway. The front old western? plow was inherited from my father and has now been refitted on my third tractor, This time a Branson w/ QA loader, which makes switching a snap compared to lining up the old pin on rigs. The rear blade is an old State surplus highway blade a got for $125. I bought 3 of them(2 for my buddy snowplower) He made one of them into a snow pusher. Anyway, with blades front an rear, you can windrow a parking lot by just putting it in reverse and backing up instead of wasting the backup time. I bought the universal attachment plate on Ebay and had it welded to the front plow. Now all we need is snow! We got zero pushable last year.New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure-img_0283.jpgNew snow plow project for your viewing pleasure-img_0279.jpgNew snow plow project for your viewing pleasure-img_0281.jpg

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2400 HST

I installed the hydraulics last night. The 2-foot hoses to the cylinders seem a little short. I've ordered some 3-foot hoses to replace them. Works good.

Note the cushion valve to provide extra protection against non-symmetrical forces applied to the plow.

I also had to replace one of the cylinders because it had a connector broken off and I could not get the rest out of the hole. I'm still thinking about drilling it out and trying to re-thread the hole. But that's something I've never done before so I'm a little leery.

The mount is not painted because I'm probably going to try and move the connection points back 12 inches. I'm still trying to decide how to do that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure-img_1326.jpg   New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure-img_1329.jpg  

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast