Snow New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure

/ New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure #21  
Like a standard plow on a truck I have 2 single action pistons on each side... Works fine
Thanks. I haven't got to use mine enough yet to know if it is working right or if the cylinders on the very used plow I bought are scrap iron.

/ New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure #22  
My ? is, why put a truck snow plow onto the loader? Why not just pull the loader off and put it out of the way. Make a sub frame on the tractor then put the plow on. Now it's close to the tractor and it well plow great. But if that is what works best for you, I guess it would be ok, it just seems to me it's a mile out front. Kind of like driving a Buick stright 8. The ones that have done it, all your work looks great. Shine some light here for me and tell me why it is better.

A advantage to it is you can leave your loader on and switch back to the bucket easily especially if you have SSQA. I went with a loader mounted blade because I could switch it to another tractor easily versus a subframe mount would require some work because it is more less tractor specific. You can also stack snow relay high with a loader mounted blade. A subframe mount probably does work better.

/ New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure #23  
My ? is, why put a truck snow plow onto the loader? Why not just pull the loader off and put it out of the way. Make a sub frame on the tractor then put the plow on. Now it's close to the tractor and it well plow great. But if that is what works best for you, I guess it would be ok, it just seems to me it's a mile out front. Kind of like driving a Buick stright 8. The ones that have done it, all your work looks great. Shine some light here for me and tell me why it is better.

For me it it was one less implement change. I need both the plow AND the loader...and unless its alot of snow I use just the loader and grader blade on the rear... For large snow falls I can plow with the blade, drop the blade with only 2 pins ( as it mounts into my bucket) and then pile /move snow with the bucket...

Otherwise I need to drop the plow, 4 pins, back up and move over and then hook up the bucket with 4 pins... It also saved me from making a plow sub frame... Also, do to the extended length of the plow mounted inside my bucket, I can push snow deep and high... Almost higher than I can pile with the bucket...

/ New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure #24  
For me it it was one less implement change. I need both the plow AND the loader...and unless its alot of snow I use just the loader and grader blade on the rear... For large snow falls I can plow with the blade, drop the blade with only 2 pins ( as it mounts into my bucket) and then pile /move snow with the bucket...

Otherwise I need to drop the plow, 4 pins, back up and move over and then hook up the bucket with 4 pins... It also saved me from making a plow sub frame... Also, do to the extended length of the plow mounted inside my bucket, I can push snow deep and high... Almost higher than I can pile with the bucket...
Same thinking here. With a JD carrier I can pull two snap clips and drop the bucket in thirty seconds then hook into the plate mounted to the plow ,re insert the snap rings , attach two hoses to the third function disconnects and be in business. The plow won't be much further out then the bucket was and that puts the end of the blade where I can see it. And I can use the loader arms to lift the plow any height needed to step wing back or push back banks.

/ New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure
Here's how it looks after the first coat of paint. Hopefully I'll get the second coat of paint on tomorrow. Then I can start working on getting the hydraulics hooked up.

Attachments

• IMG_1318.JPG
    IMG_1318.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 217
   / New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure #26  
That ain't Kubota orange!!

/ New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure #27  
Nice job.
All thats missing horse shoe for luck,by that I mean..whew I was luck I miss the mail box,auto etc. when plowing at night. ;)

Second coat of paint. Now on to the hydraulics.

Attachments

• IMG_1320.JPG
    IMG_1320.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 148
   / New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure #29  
We were promised a pushable snow last night but it missed me by 10 miles. All dressed up and nowhere to go. So, I thought I'd post some pictures anyway. The front old western? plow was inherited from my father and has now been refitted on my third tractor, This time a Branson w/ QA loader, which makes switching a snap compared to lining up the old pin on rigs. The rear blade is an old State surplus highway blade a got for $125. I bought 3 of them(2 for my buddy snowplower) He made one of them into a snow pusher. Anyway, with blades front an rear, you can windrow a parking lot by just putting it in reverse and backing up instead of wasting the backup time. I bought the universal attachment plate on Ebay and had it welded to the front plow. Now all we need is snow! We got zero pushable last year.IMG_0283.JPGIMG_0279.JPGIMG_0281.JPG

I installed the hydraulics last night. The 2-foot hoses to the cylinders seem a little short. I've ordered some 3-foot hoses to replace them. Works good.

Note the cushion valve to provide extra protection against non-symmetrical forces applied to the plow.

I also had to replace one of the cylinders because it had a connector broken off and I could not get the rest out of the hole. I'm still thinking about drilling it out and trying to re-thread the hole. But that's something I've never done before so I'm a little leery.

The mount is not painted because I'm probably going to try and move the connection points back 12 inches. I'm still trying to decide how to do that.

Attachments

• IMG_1329.JPG
    IMG_1329.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_1326.JPG
    IMG_1326.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 161