Snow New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure

/ New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure #1  

tomf

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2400 HST
Last week, I bought a Western 60125 seven foot snow plow to attach to my B2400. Attached are some photos of the plow and the mount I made. I plan to prime, paint, and add hydraulics. Cost of the plow was $300.

Attachments

• IMG_1300.JPG
    IMG_1300.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 430
  • IMG_1302.JPG
    IMG_1302.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 414
  • IMG_1303.JPG
    IMG_1303.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_1307.JPG
    IMG_1307.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_1309.JPG
    IMG_1309.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 739
   / New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure #2  
Are you worried about racking the frame? There seems to be a lot of metal out front that if you angle will produce some good torques? Just curious.

/ New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure #3  
Sounds like you got a good deal on that plow. I suggest that we all keep buying snow removal equipment: this way it's guaranteed not to snow.

/ New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure
I'm not too concerned. I've done some research and it doesn't seem to be a big problem. Here's a link that shows a B2400 with a 6.5 Myers. I'ts the seventh post. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-owning-operating/257547-snow-plows-attach-fel.html I'm also going to add a cushion valve to the hydraulics to decrease the likely-hood over-torquing the tractor. I'll post pictures once I get it installed. I currently have a small 5 foot blade rigidly attached and haven't had a problem. See below. No cushion valve on it. If you have any suggestions I'd be glad to hear them.

Attachments

• DSC_0042.JPG
    DSC_0042.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 642
   / New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure #5  
I built mine similar to yours but my tractor weights 7,000lbs.I think you should shorten up,put your ears behind the cross member.Thats a lot of plow/leverage on a B2400.

/ New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure #6  
I built mine similar to yours but my tractor weights 7,000lbs.I think you should shorten up,put your ears behind the cross member.Thats a lot of plow/leverage on a B2400.Looks like you could shorten by 15-18".

/ New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure #7  
Last week, I bought a Western 60125 seven foot snow plow to attach to my B2400. Attached are some photos of the plow and the mount I made. I plan to prime, paint, and add hydraulics. Cost of the plow was $300.

I'd say you didn't buy that plow, you stole it for $300.00! Good find on your part. Years ago I was able to buy a Meyer ST-84 for $250.00 from where I worked. It was used one or two years and then left outside in the weeds to rust because for some reason the building & grounds guys didn't like it. I took it home, cleaned it up, made power angle & lift brackets, made a push frame & used it on my Oliver 77. I used it about 18 winters. I still have it but since getting my B3030 HSDCC in 2007 it is now my second line of snow defense. It will out-plow that B3030 by a wide margin because it is a much bigger tractor but sitting in that warm cab is just soooo nice!

/ New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure #8  
This is my set up on my 7510. I didn't want to have to remove the bucket, so I have pins on the inside... I plow, drop the plow, and then use to bucket to stack it up... (I also have a second property that i can only use the bucket at).

After the first season, I cut 6" off the width and removes the 3/4 " x 4" steel wear edge to reduce the weight. Made a hugh difference..

I also only use slight angle in heavy / deep snow, so as not to rack it...

Also I no longer use a chain, but have a steel pipe that conncets the plow to the upper bucket area, so I use the FEL float mode, and can use down pressure if I want.

It use to be a western plow from a toyota, I paid $200

Picture 067.jpgPicture 068.jpgPicture 123.jpg

/ New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure #9  
Nice work. I am concerned that a 7ft plow is big for your tractor. I only have a 7' on the L4240. You can always make it smaller if you have to.

/ New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure #10  
Nice neet/clean fab job.
I consider guest of sort where you pin to plow frame ears,plowing at 45 degree put stress on one ear.