Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2400 HST

Default New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure

Last week, I bought a Western 60125 seven foot snow plow to attach to my B2400. Attached are some photos of the plow and the mount I made. I plan to prime, paint, and add hydraulics. Cost of the plow was $300.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_1300-jpg   -img_1302-jpg   -img_1303-jpg   -img_1307-jpg   -img_1309-jpg  

Silver Member
    Tractor
    BX 2200

Default Re: New snow plow project for your viewing pleasure

Are you worried about racking the frame? There seems to be a lot of metal out front that if you angle will produce some good torques? Just curious.

Sounds like you got a good deal on that plow. I suggest that we all keep buying snow removal equipment: this way it's guaranteed not to snow.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2400 HST

I'm not too concerned. I've done some research and it doesn't seem to be a big problem. Here's a link that shows a B2400 with a 6.5 Myers. I'ts the seventh post. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/k...ttach-fel.html I'm also going to add a cushion valve to the hydraulics to decrease the likely-hood over-torquing the tractor. I'll post pictures once I get it installed. I currently have a small 5 foot blade rigidly attached and haven't had a problem. See below. No cushion valve on it. If you have any suggestions I'd be glad to hear them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dsc_0042-jpg  

Tractor
    Kubota L4240 HSTC,L3000DT

I built mine similar to yours but my tractor weights 7,000lbs.I think you should shorten up,put your ears behind the cross member.Thats a lot of plow/leverage on a B2400.

Tractor
    Kubota L4240 HSTC,L3000DT

I built mine similar to yours but my tractor weights 7,000lbs.I think you should shorten up,put your ears behind the cross member.Thats a lot of plow/leverage on a B2400.Looks like you could shorten by 15-18".

Silver Member
    Tractor
    B3030HSDCC, Oliver 77, JD LX288

Quote Originally Posted by tomf View Post
    Last week, I bought a Western 60125 seven foot snow plow to attach to my B2400. Attached are some photos of the plow and the mount I made. I plan to prime, paint, and add hydraulics. Cost of the plow was $300.
    I'd say you didn't buy that plow, you stole it for $300.00! Good find on your part. Years ago I was able to buy a Meyer ST-84 for $250.00 from where I worked. It was used one or two years and then left outside in the weeds to rust because for some reason the building & grounds guys didn't like it. I took it home, cleaned it up, made power angle & lift brackets, made a push frame & used it on my Oliver 77. I used it about 18 winters. I still have it but since getting my B3030 HSDCC in 2007 it is now my second line of snow defense. It will out-plow that B3030 by a wide margin because it is a much bigger tractor but sitting in that warm cab is just soooo nice!

Platinum Member Firefighter Kubota's Avatar
    Tractor
    Kubota 7510

This is my set up on my 7510. I didn't want to have to remove the bucket, so I have pins on the inside... I plow, drop the plow, and then use to bucket to stack it up... (I also have a second property that i can only use the bucket at).

After the first season, I cut 6" off the width and removes the 3/4 " x 4" steel wear edge to reduce the weight. Made a hugh difference..

I also only use slight angle in heavy / deep snow, so as not to rack it...

Also I no longer use a chain, but have a steel pipe that conncets the plow to the upper bucket area, so I use the FEL float mode, and can use down pressure if I want.

It use to be a western plow from a toyota, I paid $200

-picture-067-jpg-picture-068-jpg-picture-123-jpg
    B 7510

FEL 302, Rear remotes, Hydraulic Toplink, Blockheater, 60" MMM, Pats easy change, 54" Puma 3pt Snowblower w Hydraulic chute controls, 6' York rake, 5' grader blade, Powerhorse Log splitter, 6.5 ft Western plow, 3 pt 2" trailer reciever, Bucket forks, "Thumb" grapple, Loaded Turfs, Carver wear blade, 40 AMP alternator, Stereo, AND A CUP HOLDER!

IAFF L-2892

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Nice work. I am concerned that a 7ft plow is big for your tractor. I only have a 7' on the L4240. You can always make it smaller if you have to.

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046

Nice neet/clean fab job.
    I consider guest of sort where you pin to plow frame ears,plowing at 45 degree put stress on one ear.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast