Seat belt trouble

/ Seat belt trouble #1  

Maestro71

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota bx2660 loader mmm back blade woods rotary cutter
The seat belt on my bx suddenly locked up, has anyone else heard of this? Any info would be appreciated, thanks all.

/ Seat belt trouble #2  
Just a guess here as I have seen this happen on car belts. Use a thin screw driver and try and free the ratchet mechanism while gently pulling the belt out. My thinking is the edge of the belt is twisted and the ratchet locked

/ Seat belt trouble #3  
How old is your BX? I ran into the same problem with my B series after several years. Tried the screw driver and broke the whole thing...

Took it apart and there was rust on the mechanism inside. by design, it isn't sealed and moisture eventually rusts/corrodes parts inside.

Not saying it happens to every one of them, just my experience.

/ Seat belt trouble
How old is your BX? I ran into the same problem with my B series after several years. Tried the screw driver and broke the whole thing...

Took it apart and there was rust on the mechanism inside. by design, it isn't sealed and moisture eventually rusts/corrodes parts inside.

Not saying it happens to every one of them, just my experience.

Ya I saw that on a thread somewhere but mine isn't even a year old. I haven't had a chance to take it apart yet, hopefully tomorrow . Thanks for the info.

/ Seat belt trouble #5  
   / Seat belt trouble
Thanks for the link