HST Fluid Level after changing.

/ HST Fluid Level after changing. #1  

Delphicoder

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B3200
So I performed my 50 hours of service on my B2920. Drained HST fluid from three drain plugs, and removed and replaced two HST filters. I let them drain until there was hardly anything coming out of them. Prior to removing the drain plugs, I removed the HST filler cap so it would flow out at a good rate. Anyway, my specifications called for 4 gallons of HST. So I added four gallons of Super UDT2. I let it sit a while, then checked the fluid. It was over the mark. Odd, So I started it up and figured it had to "flow through" all the places it needed to go. I let it idle for about 10 minutes, then I drove it forward, reverse, 4WD. I ran the bucket through all of the motions, and did the same for the backhoe and the out riggers.

Then I drove it up and down the drive way again just for good measure. I let it sit a while, and it is still too high.

I don't mind draining some of it out, easy enough. I am just wondering if it takes a while to fill all the voids or possible air pockets.

Thanks in advance.

/ HST Fluid Level after changing. #2  
It really is not too much to worry about or even adjust. A bit high or a bit low is fine.

If the manual calls for 4 gallons and that is what you put in then you are good to go. Run it for a week and then adjust if you must.

/ HST Fluid Level after changing.
I went ahead and adjusted, by draining out almost three quarts. It is so hard to read on the dipstick! I had to get the wife with a lighted magnifying glass to assist ha!

I think that even though I let it drain for a while, there was probably still some in hoses and such. It is right at the top of the full mark now. I saved the fluid I drained off and can put it back if needed.

I feel rather stupid now, I should have accounted for that. Lesson learned.

/ HST Fluid Level after changing. #4  
You are right,the dip sticks are very hard to read;they need to dye the fluid.Some-one on here suggested drilling small holes in the dipstick,that would help.

/ HST Fluid Level after changing. #5  
As said adjust as need be.
Old B's dip stick were painted black that I like,sure harder on the old eyes w/newer sticks.

/ HST Fluid Level after changing. #6  
So I performed my 50 hours of service on my B2920. Drained HST fluid from three drain plugs, and removed and replaced two HST filters. I let them drain until there was hardly anything coming out of them. Prior to removing the drain plugs, I removed the HST filler cap so it would flow out at a good rate. Anyway, my specifications called for 4 gallons of HST. So I added four gallons of Super UDT2. I let it sit a while, then checked the fluid. It was over the mark. Odd, So I started it up and figured it had to "flow through" all the places it needed to go. I let it idle for about 10 minutes, then I drove it forward, reverse, 4WD. I ran the bucket through all of the motions, and did the same for the backhoe and the out riggers.

Then I drove it up and down the drive way again just for good measure. I let it sit a while, and it is still too high.

I don't mind draining some of it out, easy enough. I am just wondering if it takes a while to fill all the voids or possible air pockets.

Thanks in advance.

your not alone in this problem I did the same thing with my b2320. I drained my off also...

/ HST Fluid Level after changing. #7  
I poured my old fluid into one gallon jugs before refilling.

In my B8200 HST I got only 4 out instead 19 quarts. So I put 4 back in.

Funny, owner's and WSM point to different pair of bolts as drain bolts.

/ HST Fluid Level after changing. #8  
probably didn't get it all out.
This fall when I did my B2620 I poured the old stuff into my measuring jug before adding the same amount of the new juice that came out.
Best recollection was the 50 hr drain was slightly less than the book called for as what the complete system is designed to hold.

/ HST Fluid Level after changing. #9  
If I read it correctly, and remember correctly, the manual recommends just replacing the HST filter at 50 hrs on my B2620. Did you all just decided to drain the whole thing? Just wondering. Cheers Mike

/ HST Fluid Level after changing. #10  
When I did my 50 hr change I refilled the hyd oil containers with the old oil to ensure I didn't over fill. This takes time but you then know how much came out!