Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Kubota's - B7610, M4700

Default Re: Opinions on used M6800 wanted

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly807 View Post
    So what happened with the auction?? New baby in the barn or gave it a pass?

Sean
    Yes inquiring minds want pictures.

I just scored a M4700 at auction.

-8x6sam_0798-jpg

-8x6sam_0797-jpg

1400 hrs mowing ROW on Northern Virginia suburban highways,
    My rides - '95 Kubota M4700 w/ PEC, LA1001 FEL :'07 B7610, LA352 FEL, Bush Hog SBX 48 box blade, '09 Woods BH70-X w/ 16" bucket and thumb, 3pt pallet forks, Dale Phillips PHD, Jinma 8" chipper, 2 Piranha's, Winco 12KW PTO generator, Howse plow, 5' KK tiller, 5' Big Bee cutter, with a 2002 7.3L Ford F350 CC DRW 4x4 and '07 18' Hudson HSE Deluxe trailer - 5 Ton to haul it all

Tractor
    Kubota L3010DT, Dresser TD7G Dozer

Ha Ha, I don't even know what happened to it. Had it checked out Friday am. They had the auction set up so you could bid on-line live Sat, which I got approval for just in case. Saturday morning we woke up to 6" of snow and still coming so I decided to stay home and bid on-line rather than driving 75 miles each way again. Well, the on-line stuff seemed to go OK for a while then they started skipping lots then it quit all together about 1:30 and that tractor had not come up yet. They don't list it in the auction results either. I will call tomorrow just out of curiousity and see if they will tell me what happened. After watching the live video stream they had and seeing the final prices they got I have pretty much decided the auction route is not for me. I probably would have stood around all day and when it finally came up would have bid about 3/4 the final price they got. If I can find the price tomorrow I will let you know.

And Sean, thanks for the help looking it over.

Congrats Newbury. Good luck with your new toy.
    "If you're not making any mistakes then you're not doing anything"

L3010DT, Farmi JL290 Winch, ATI Grapple, BearCat 5" Chipper, 6' Rear Blade,
    7' Sickle Bar, 5' Land Plane Grading Scraper, Dresser TD7G Dozer

Tractor
    Kubota's - B7610, M4700

Have you discovered "Iron Planet"? IronPlanet - Used Heavy Construction Equipment - Auction - Backhoes Dozers Excavators Farm Tractors - Caterpillar John Deere Case Komatsu for sale

One great feature there is they list what things actually went for and they have a "shipping calculator".

I used that heavily in searching craigs list and auctions.

But there is nothing like being able to drive over, touch the equipment and talk to the mechanic that maintained it.
    My rides - '95 Kubota M4700 w/ PEC, LA1001 FEL :'07 B7610, LA352 FEL, Bush Hog SBX 48 box blade, '09 Woods BH70-X w/ 16" bucket and thumb, 3pt pallet forks, Dale Phillips PHD, Jinma 8" chipper, 2 Piranha's, Winco 12KW PTO generator, Howse plow, 5' KK tiller, 5' Big Bee cutter, with a 2002 7.3L Ford F350 CC DRW 4x4 and '07 18' Hudson HSE Deluxe trailer - 5 Ton to haul it all

Tractor
    Kubota L3400DT

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Gould View Post
    Ha Ha, I don't even know what happened to it. Had it checked out Friday am. They had the auction set up so you could bid on-line live Sat, which I got approval for just in case. Saturday morning we woke up to 6" of snow and still coming so I decided to stay home and bid on-line rather than driving 75 miles each way again. Well, the on-line stuff seemed to go OK for a while then they started skipping lots then it quit all together about 1:30 and that tractor had not come up yet. They don't list it in the auction results either. I will call tomorrow just out of curiousity and see if they will tell me what happened. After watching the live video stream they had and seeing the final prices they got I have pretty much decided the auction route is not for me. I probably would have stood around all day and when it finally came up would have bid about 3/4 the final price they got. If I can find the price tomorrow I will let you know.

And Sean, thanks for the help looking it over.

Congrats Newbury. Good luck with your new toy.
    You're welcome, Gordon. I've had mixed results buying at auctions. Usually I end up like you, deciding about 3/4 of the way through that someone else wants it worse than I do. By the time you pay the final price, plus taxes and buyer's fees, sometimes new is cheaper! I went to an auction in early February a few years back, lots of tools on the block. Just about froze to death, the crowd was like sardines, and people were paying WAY too much for stuff.

Other side of the coin, I've got some good deals on tools at auctions. You pretty much have to know what you're looking at, what it's really worth, and how much you want to put into it after it's yours.

One thing about auctions, there's no harm in going just for the fun of it. I enjoy people watching, and auctions are great places for that.

Sean

Tractor
    Kubota L3010DT, Dresser TD7G Dozer

I called. Guess they had trouble with their lap top batteries . Must have forgot that it is cold out in January.
    Anyway it went for $15K.
    "If you're not making any mistakes then you're not doing anything"

L3010DT, Farmi JL290 Winch, ATI Grapple, BearCat 5" Chipper, 6' Rear Blade,
    7' Sickle Bar, 5' Land Plane Grading Scraper, Dresser TD7G Dozer

Tractor
    Kubota L3400DT

A little rich for my blood, I'm afraid. Maybe I expect too much for the money, machinery that gets used every day and doesn't get babied like most of our "toys" soon gets some wear and tear marks. Still, the guy that does my heavy excavation work keeps his machines immaculate and they definitely get used every day.

Sean

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12