Opinions on used M6800 wanted

/ Opinions on used M6800 wanted #1  

Gordon Gould

Tractor
Kubota L3010DT, Kubota M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G Dozer
This M6800HD is up for action and I am looking for any comments you guys might have. I am looking for a deal on something to use in the woods so cosmetic is not important. The front wheel looks funny and there is wear showing. Any value opinions would be welcome. It is an hour away and I can see it Friday. Auction is Saturday. I know you cant tell much from photos but I am hoping to get some things I would miss from you guys.
Thanks

http://www.tractorhouse.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=7370819

gg

/ Opinions on used M6800 wanted #2  
This is a fairly nice tractor. I think what you are seeing on the wheels is either valve stem covers or it has something to do for liguid filled tires for added weight. As a kubota dealer in central alabama I would say with this tractoe being a hyd shuttle 4wd with a loader it should retail on the yard between $18k to $22k. Good Luck.

/ Opinions on used M6800 wanted #3  
It's no big deal but I noticed the drawbar was missing.

/ Opinions on used M6800 wanted
Thanks for the replies - keep them coming.
I thought the front wheel looked like it might have been crumpled near that white arrow but hard to tell and I am not familiar with what it should look like.
I missed the missing draw bar - thanks.

/ Opinions on used M6800 wanted #5  
The tractor has already been used in the woods so it would not be new to it. I would look at it closer as they often can be abused.

/ Opinions on used M6800 wanted
The tractor has already been used in the woods so it would not be new to it. I would look at it closer as they often can be abused.

Yes that is what I thought. Probably had a grapple on front and winch on the back.

/ Opinions on used M6800 wanted #7  
I agree that wheel does look strange but overall tractor looks pretty good.I look over the front axle real good

/ Opinions on used M6800 wanted #8  
Missing right rear signal/tail light, that fender looks like it's pushed up a little bit too. Right brake pedal rubber is gone, rear tires are "getting there" as far as wear is concerned. New fronts, the rears are probably originals. I'd say it's showing every one of it's 1636 hours. Check the clutch out, woods work is hard on them with the wrong operator.

Auctions are funny things, some times stuff goes for more than it's worth, other times no one seems interested. I'd say maybe $12-14K at the outside, I doubt it'll go for less than 10K. But, that depends on who shows up and wants to buy. Will they let you start up and try moving it? Some will, some won't. If not, I think I'd say "I'll look at used outside of an auction"...

Nice machine if everything works, most of the stuff I picked up was cosmetic, but it also shows how picky (or not) the previous owner was.

The valve stems have had pipe nipples with screw on caps welded over them for protection. I think the left front wheel is probably fine, just the way the light hits the shape of it.

That's my :2cents:

Sean

/ Opinions on used M6800 wanted #9  
The only thing I could add to Sean's assessment is that the boot for the loader controls is torn, allowing water access. I'd want to look carefully at the loader operation and condition of fluids. As Sean said, it is showing every one of its 1636 hours. I've read some horror stories of people's auction purchases, but have not bought through an auction. If it is just showing honest wear and neglect, it might be a very good purchase at around $10k. At least it hasn't had a "Flitgun Freddie" paint job, so it is less likely someone is trying to hide something.

Good luck on bidding!

/ Opinions on used M6800 wanted #10  
So what happened with the auction?? New baby in the barn or gave it a pass?

Sean