Ballast Need help with wheel weights for Kubota L3830

/ Need help with wheel weights for Kubota L3830 #31  
Tire ballast does not take the place of 3pt hitch ballast for loader work. Doing fel work with no 3 pt ballast will kill the front axle components. May take a few years to see the damage.

Your definitely right but i haven't figured out what i can put on the back of my tractor that weighs over 1500 lbs and still maintains some level of maneuverability. 1800 lbs of rim guard and 1000 - 1500 lbs of rear ballast is barely enough for heavy loads. You need both types of ballast the more on the 3 pt the better.

Dave

/ Need help with wheel weights for Kubota L3830 #32  
Your definitely right but i haven't figured out what i can put on the back of my tractor that weighs over 1500 lbs and still maintains some level of maneuverability. 1800 lbs of rim guard and 1000 - 1500 lbs of rear ballast is barely enough for heavy loads. You need both types of ballast the more on the 3 pt the better.

Dave
Any weight is better than none.

You will eventually have front end problems using fel with no 3 pt ballast.

/ Need help with wheel weights for Kubota L3830 #33  
Yep i agreed with you and with that said i try to always have at least 1000 - 1500 lbs on the 3pt when lifting more than a 1000 lbs. but i could not do it with just rear ballast as i dont have that much weight to hang on it. A gannon 84" box blade only weighs 1300 lbs. My ballast box loaded weighs about 1500# a 2000 lb brush cutter would be great if you dont mind the extra 8 or 9 feet of length it adds to the tractor. I rarely take my carryall ballast box of which weighs close to 500 lbs. When i lift 3000 lb pallets id like to find a way to hang 2000 lbs plus 1800 lbs of rim guard but have yet to find a good solution that does not make the tractor to long

Dave

/ Need help with wheel weights for Kubota L3830 #34  
Dave, sounds like you know what you're doing. You'll figure something out.