Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota B7800

Default B7800 quit while running and won't restart

I'd been running the tractor doing chores for close to an hour - everything normal. Stopped to load another bucket of firewood to move to the house, so stopped, put it in idle, and locked the parking brake. Just after I got off the machine, it quit, and wouldn't restart. Dash lights come on, glow plug indicator comes on as expected, and I can hear the starter solenoid click, but no other sound at all. Happen to anybody else? If so, what was the solution? THANKS! Lew

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4240, B7800 & BX2660

Default Re: B7800 quit while running and won't restart

If the dash lights dim when trying to start, check your ground wires. Battery, frame, and so on.

Tractor
    currently own F3080 F2680 B2620 FEL/BH RTV1140

The B7800 has a history of not starting unless the go pedal is perfectly in the center/no go position. I had one and it did this. Almost drove me crazy doing different things that would allow it to restart and eventually figured out that just centering the pedal done the job while all my other actions had nothing to do with the real problem. MAY be your problem.
    2012 B2620 FEL BH, 2008 F2680 2WD 72" side Discharge Deck, 2012 F3080 4WD 72" rear discharge deck, 2010/2009 RTV1140CPX , RatchetRake, Forks, ...DEARBORN 2 BOTTOM PLOW 12" ?? FOR SALE $425).... Drawbar and Horse Drawn disk 13 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 13 Ford Flex. 2009 Subaru Impreza Sport

Tractor
    Kubota B7800

Almost certainly a safety interlock. Confirm that PTO handle didn't get bumped and that treadle is centered between forward and reverse.

"As you go through life, make this your goal: watch the donut, not the hole"

Kubota B7800
    BH-75A Backhoe
    Rhino 60'' finish mower

Tractor
    Kubota 7510 and B3200

My B7510 quit on me in the middle of a project. Hot battery. Shift in neutral, clutch depressed. I was sitting on the seat. Nothing. Winched it on the trailer and hauled it in to dealer. One of the old timers diagnosed it in about 20 minutes. Dead "computer" which is the black box that controls all the safety switches was the problem. He ran a jumper wire from the battery to the solenoid on the diesel pump. As long at it was connected it started and ran fine. That is the only problem I have had with the 7510. Ran it for a week like that until the part came from Japan.
    Caution: Some of my posts may be politically incorrect.
    Kubota B7510 & B3200

Tractor
    Kubota B7800

Thanks for the input - no dimming lights, though. Just no response when the key goes to the START position.

Tractor
    Kubota B7800

BINGO! You were right on the money, Mike - the PTO level had been knocked out of position. Put it back and the orange beast started right up - THANK YOU VERY MUCH! If you ever come visit our B&B (Log Spirit Bed and Breakfast - North Idaho Log Lodge B&B), I'll give you a special discount. :-D

Thanks to verybody who stepped forward to help - hope I can return the favor some time. CHEERS!

Lew

Tractor
    Kubota B7800

Interesting. I had a problem with losing power during heavy work. The engine finally stalled out and would not start until it had cooled down for a half hour or so. The problem turned out to be a black nylon stocking over the intake. The previous owner must have placed it there due to heavy dust. The engine has run perfectly ever since.

Tractor
    Kubota B7800

Interesting, I just had something similar on my 7800 - after running it for a while, I shut it down, came back after a few hours and it wouldn't start. Checked everything under the sun, went thru the gears and it would only start in Low, once it started and ran for awhile, It seems to be fine.

Must be that time of year.

TJB

Tractor
    B7800

I found this post by Piper from 2009 and it was dead on to fix my similar problem. I'm going to clean the rubber boot, put some RV dry lube on it so it won't pick up more gunk and see if I can't rig a little shield for it to protect it from dirt popping back up from the underside. It's especially a problem when using a mowing deck. Many thanks to Piper.

best, RU

Default Re: B7800 HST Pedal Neutral Return Issue

I recently had the same issue with my B7800. Look under the hydro peddle and you will see a rod that goes to a rubber boot. When you press on the peddle you should see a small steel cylinder that moves in and out of the rubber boot, that was where my problem was. Now the time consuming expensive part. You will need a can of WD-40 or an equivelant. Spray the steel cylinder with the WD-40 and press the peddle, do this a couple of time and your issue will probably be resolved, atleast it worked for me. I think the cylinder binds up on the ruber boot causing the safety switch not to engage.
    I hope this helps.
    Good Luck,
    Piper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast