Loader Specs on Different Tractors - Grand L specifically

/ Loader Specs on Different Tractors - Grand L specifically #1  

PandDLong

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3540, JD Z445 Mower, JD LX188 Lawn Tractor
I recently purchased a L3540 with the LA724 Loader. The tractor has a pair of loaders that it can take and the 724 is the larger one. I was encouraged by the higher specs - about 500 lbs more lift than the smaller loader.

Now that I read the fine print (amidst some boom pole planning), I see that the specs for the 724 Loader are from a larger tractor - the L3940. The smaller loader specs are from my tractor.

So my question is: how much impact does the tractor have for the loader specs? Is my loader likely to be closer to the capability of the smaller loader given the hydraulic flow is different between the 3940 and 3540?

Thanks in advance for your wisdom and insight in how to extrapolate the spec for my tractor/loader combination.

/ Loader Specs on Different Tractors - Grand L specifically #2  
I would guess that as long as the hydraulic system pressures are the same, then the lift capacities would be the same. A larger pump might be faster.

/ Loader Specs on Different Tractors - Grand L specifically #3  
pressure is the same, so lifts are the same. flow would give more or less speed.

/ Loader Specs on Different Tractors - Grand L specifically #4  
The larger tractor is spec ed higher because of the extra weight. If you ballast your properly it will lift just as much assuming pressures are the same.

/ Loader Specs on Different Tractors - Grand L specifically
Thanks for the info. Good to understand what are the drivers for the different types of specs. Pressure drives lift and breakout type specs. Pump flow drives speed. (Given the same loader). All-in-all good news as it was the higher lift that I was wanting.

/ Loader Specs on Different Tractors - Grand L specifically #6  
Your 3540 is slightly smaller than a 3940... shorter length and wheelbase and narrower by several inches, lighter by several hundred pounds. That would influence the stability of the tractor when lifting a heavy load, at least a little bit. Not a huge deal, but it puts a little more responsibility on your shoulders to operate the tractor safely. For example, to have proper rear ballast for heavy lifting and to exercise proper caution moving over uneven ground.

/ Loader Specs on Different Tractors - Grand L specifically #7  
The larger tractor will lift slightly higher because it has bigger tires.

/ Loader Specs on Different Tractors - Grand L specifically #8  
When I bought my L3830, I had researched that the larger loader was compatible with the backhoe. The smaller loader would not allow the backhoe subframe to be attached. So, besides having more lift capacity with the larger loader if you decide to later on get the backhoe attachment, the loader will be a compatible fit. The larger loader is worth a few extra dollars in the long run.