M8560HD12

/ M8560HD12 #11  
Our Case went toes up and we needed a tractor NOW, so I couldn't get cast center like I had wanted without waiting six weeks. We had cast centers and fluid filled tires on our Massey Ferguson 375 and it pulled amazing loads. My brother is using it now and he recently put new rear tires on and didn't get them filled yet, you can really tell the difference, still decent, but not as good as before.

We used an 80 HP tractor for years and it did everything we needed, so we replaced it with the M8540, but if I had thought I might need the extra HP, I would have gone with the M9540; not a lot of difference in price. With the M9960, you can get the 24/24 transmission which is not offered in the M8560, not an issue for us, so we got the 12/12 hydro shuttle. We didn't need dual rear remotes when we bought it, but now have a box scraper with hydraulic shanks, so it is nice to have along with the hydraulic toplink, a necessity for us now that we have begun using one.

I put three rear remotes with Top and Tilt on our L5740, but it doesn't sound as though you will need that.

I also wanted an air ride seat, but have found the regular suspension seat comfortable enough, so didn't add one later; might consider it if you spend a lot of time in the seat though. I grew up riding steel seats, so what we have now is great in comparison.

I would also look to a rear wiper, we use ours on the 5740 all the time.

/ M8560HD12 #13  
You will be giving up over 10 PTO HP compared to your Oliver. In addition the torque backup might be better on the larger engine (either 4.6 or 5.1 on the Oliver vs. 3.8 on the Kubota). Suggest looking hard at the 9960 as it seems to be a much better match - if the price doesn't kill the deal. The 9960 has about 3 more PTO HP. Still the tractor ill be about 3,000 pounds lighter than the Oliver so like they said, find all the ballast you can add for traction.

/ M8560HD12
You will be giving up over 10 PTO HP compared to your Oliver. In addition the torque backup might be better on the larger engine (either 4.6 or 5.1 on the Oliver vs. 3.8 on the Kubota). Suggest looking hard at the 9960 as it seems to be a much better match - if the price doesn't kill the deal. The 9960 has about 3 more PTO HP. Still the tractor ill be about 3,000 pounds lighter than the Oliver so like they said, find all the ballast you can add for traction.

I am definitely going with the M9960HD12 ROPS and may even fill the tires - I know I am giving up some nice power/torque trading in the Oliver 1755, but the hydraulics on that puppy just never can get repaired completely w/o $$$ thrown at it

Excellent advise everyone, I will post pics upon arrival

/ M8560HD12 #15  
I would Definitely go for rim quard its a cheap 1800 lbs of ballast if you have the 18.4 r 30 mine was $300/ $350. I think for what your doing you will appreciate the investment in the 9960 over the 8560. I have more horse power than i hope to ever need with my 8540 but i needed the loader capacity and a skid steer for me was out of the question.

Dave

/ M8560HD12 #16  
i suggest you talk to FOREMAN etexas HE DOES HAYING WITH A 7040 i would get the 3 rear remotes if you need them you have them

/ M8560HD12
I would Definitely go for rim quard its a cheap 1800 lbs of ballast if you have the 18.4 r 30 mine was $300/ $350. I think for what your doing you will appreciate the investment in the 9960 over the 8560. I have more horse power than i hope to ever need with my 8540 but i needed the loader capacity and a skid steer for me was out of the question.

Dave

Thanks Dave, may do rim guard after plowing and 1st cutting to see how tractor runs - i think the weight with cast wheels will work, but won;t know until start breaking ground

Marc