M8560HD12

/ M8560HD12 #1  

M8560HD12 TAMMARC FARM

Bronze Member
Tractor
TS6.110 4WD Cab, WM75 FEL ROPS
Looking to purchase M8560 for 38ac horse farm just for haying/plowing...etc have a NH320 Baler w/ Kicker, 4-Bottom IH Plow and 15FT Cullimulcher - just wondering if anyone had thoughts on 76PTO HP being good enough - i currently use a Oliver 1755 Diesel for this type of work

Also, I am looking at the unit w/ the bucket and 1 Rear Remote - is that enough to run a Hay Bine [NH479] and the NH320 Baler that has hydraulics on kicker, or, would I need a 2nd Float Remote

I am just a weekend Warrior, so my knowledge on what I need on a new tractor is severely limeted

/ M8560HD12 #2  
We have an M8540, but know nothing about haying; might check here; good luck.

Haying

/ M8560HD12 #3  
Greetings and welcome to TBN.

Sent from my iPad iOS 6.01 - TNB v1.6

/ M8560HD12 #4  
:welcome:

/ M8560HD12 #6  
Looking to purchase M8560 for 38ac horse farm just for haying/plowing...etc have a NH320 Baler w/ Kicker, 4-Bottom IH Plow and 15FT Cullimulcher - just wondering if anyone had thoughts on 76PTO HP being good enough - i currently use a Oliver 1755 Diesel for this type of work

Also, I am looking at the unit w/ the bucket and 1 Rear Remote - is that enough to run a Hay Bine [NH479] and the NH320 Baler that has hydraulics on kicker, or, would I need a 2nd Float Remote

I am just a weekend Warrior, so my knowledge on what I need on a new tractor is severely limeted

Welcome I own an M8540 its a great tractor I don't produce hay. I checked the manual they claim the largest plow you can run up to a 4 bottom plow with 16" bottoms. If you have soft soil or well worked i don't think you will have a problem. I ran a 2 bottom plow with 16" bottoms 10 -12" deep in clay and rocks that had not been turned in the last 25-30 years. It worked the tractor good but i had plenty of power to run 3rd gear at about 3.5 mph. I think the 12 speed would have helped to have a gear in between my 3rd and 4th. I don't think i would not have been able to pull a 3 bottom plow. When we turned the soil in the fall and it pulled the plow in 4th with no problems. The baler should not be a problem, the cultimulcher might be your biggest problem the M9960 might be better suited in terms of power i think they usually call for at least 6 hp/ ft. another question would be weight you would probably need the all the ballast you could get including cast centers and tire ballast.

/ M8560HD12
Dave, thank you for the details! I do have a 3-Bottom, but I have also thought about jumping to the M9960 so I can pull the 4-Bottom - The weight/balance is also a concern so i am going to talk to dealer about weights/balance etc - i was hoping that with the front loader i would be set up front but possible rear wheel weights for balance is needed - will be seeing him tomorrow - I greatly appreciate the feedback as just owning 1969 Oliver 1755 and 1972 IH574, I am learning on the fly with all these specs/options

/ M8560HD12
Thanks TripleR - it was helpful - this website is unreal - I have been flying by seat of my pants for years now and have just been lucky - hoping to learn a lot on this site!

/ M8560HD12 #9  
No problem with the loader on the front i think you'll be set for weight on the front axle. But i would definitely get the cast centers and liquid ballast. If thats not enough you could always add wheel weights later. I think my 8540 would pull the 4 bottom now that my soil has been broken up. But you probably still need the hp for the cultimultcher. How well does the Oliver handle it?

Dave

/ M8560HD12
No problem with the loader on the front i think you'll be set for weight on the front axle. But i would definitely get the cast centers and liquid ballast. If thats not enough you could always add wheel weights later. I think my 8540 would pull the 4 bottom now that my soil has been broken up. But you probably still need the hp for the cultimultcher. How well does the Oliver handle it?

Dave

I did have the Cast Centers quoted, but I may have to have them fill tires [I assume that's what you mean by Liquid ballast?] The Oliver 1755 [85HP Diesel] pulls that cullimucher quite easily, that's why I was leaning towards the M8560 - I still may just jump to M9960 to cover my behind