Kubota B26 yes or no?

/ Kubota B26 yes or no? #21  
Just purchased a B26 and was wondering if it will fit comfortably in a 14' dump trailer, as I already have one. I have to pick it up approximately 16 hours away. Thanks

/ Kubota B26 yes or no? #22  
Just purchased a B26 and was wondering if it will fit comfortably in a 14' dump trailer, as I already have one. I have to pick it up approximately 16 hours away. Thanks

What is your rating for weight? The B-26 is at 4100 Lbs

/ Kubota B26 yes or no? #24  
If you're using a pick up truck, you could take the front bucket off and put it in the bed of the truck. You could then hang the loader arms over the front of the trailer. That should give you enough room for the backhoe. The only issue would be the tongue weight, I can't say for sure how well balanced the load will be. 16 hours is a long way to drive with an unbalanced trailer. If I were you I'd rent an 18' trailer to assure a comfortable ride home, thats what I use. Good luck

/ Kubota B26 yes or no? #25  
If you're using a pick up truck, you could take the front bucket off and put it in the bed of the truck. You could then hang the loader arms over the front of the trailer. That should give you enough room for the backhoe. The only issue would be the tongue weight, I can't say for sure how well balanced the load will be. 16 hours is a long way to drive with an unbalanced trailer. If I were you I'd rent an 18' trailer to assure a comfortable ride home, thats what I use. Good luck

Thanks Carl, very helpful.

/ Kubota B26 yes or no? #26  
Hi Wade M

Here are a couple of photos of my former B26 in my 7' x 14' Moritz dumping trailer. In the end shot you can see that I have chained my 4in1 bucket to my forks as I always like to have my forks with me. For me I found that I did not like driving the B26 on as you have to put the bucket over the front of the trailer in order to counter the weight of the hoe on the back. It worked much better for me to back in and have the hoe overhang the tongue. As you can see the doors don't quite close so I just put a couple of bungees on them to keep them from swinging. Since I do not overhang the back of the trailer by 5 feet or more I did not require a red flag.

Kubota B26 in 14 ft dumper 110606.jpgKubota B26 in 7ft wide dumper 110606.jpgKubota B26 in 14' Moritz dumper 120407.jpg

I now have an L45 and have just ordered a 16' tri-axle dumper to haul it in as I was beyond the trailers weight limit with the L45 and all the accessories I want to bring with me in it at the same time.

You won't have any trouble pulling the B26 but make sure you have 10-15 percent of the trailer weight on the tongue.

Lauren

/ Kubota B26 yes or no? #27  
Hi Wade M

Here are a couple of photos of my former B26 in my 7' x 14' Moritz dumping trailer. In the end shot you can see that I have chained my 4in1 bucket to my forks as I always like to have my forks with me. For me I found that I did not like driving the B26 on as you have to put the bucket over the front of the trailer in order to counter the weight of the hoe on the back. It worked much better for me to back in and have the hoe overhang the tongue. As you can see the doors don't quite close so I just put a couple of bungees on them to keep them from swinging. Since I do not overhang the back of the trailer by 5 feet or more I did not require a red flag.

View attachment 366728View attachment 366729View attachment 366730

I now have an L45 and have just ordered a 16' tri-axle dumper to haul it in as I was beyond the trailers weight limit with the L45 and all the accessories I want to bring with me in it at the same time.

You won't have any trouble pulling the B26 but make sure you have 10-15 percent of the trailer weight on the tongue.

Lauren

Thanks for taking the time to post these pics. I'll probably take the FEL bucket off to be able to close the doors.

Cheers,

Wade

/ Kubota B26 yes or no? #28  
Hi Wade

I'm not sure where you will put the bucket as I don't know if there is enough room between the front tires and the closed doors. It might work and you could let the loader arms sit on the bucket I guess. The FEL bucket definitely won't fit behind the B26 as the backhoe boom is touching the front of the trailer in my photos.

I forgot to mention that I also chain the bucket or the forks so they can't sag as the hydraulics bleed down. I have a centre hook on my FEL bucket so I wrap a chain around it and the cross beam on the loader arms to keep it from leaking down.

The B26 is a great machine and you are going to be very pleased with it I'm sure.

Regards,

Lauren

/ Kubota B26 yes or no? #29  
Hi Wade

I'm not sure where you will put the bucket as I don't know if there is enough room between the front tires and the closed doors. It might work and you could let the loader arms sit on the bucket I guess. The FEL bucket definitely won't fit behind the B26 as the backhoe boom is touching the front of the trailer in my photos.

I forgot to mention that I also chain the bucket or the forks so they can't sag as the hydraulics bleed down. I have a centre hook on my FEL bucket so I wrap a chain around it and the cross beam on the loader arms to keep it from leaking down.

The B26 is a great machine and you are going to be very pleased with it I'm sure.

Regards,

Lauren

Thanks again

/ Kubota B26 yes or no? #30  
Thanks for all the advise, tractor trailered good.

image-1128797599.jpg

image-2382193987.jpg

image-2034488454.jpg