Kubota B26 yes or no?

/ Kubota B26 yes or no? #1  

Spitfirefd

Tractor
2011 Kubota B3200hsd
Hi,
New here, I am sure there is an older post close to this or maybe even identical. I feel that the B26 is the best fit for my 2 mountain acres. I also want to use the tractor for hire mowing other people's acreage. Towing in a 14' dump trailer. I wonder how well that tractor will handle a 4 in 1 bucket with its limited lift capacity. The next tractor would be the l39 but, towing gets a lot more tricky with that extra weight. I plan to purchase the tractor in the fall of this year so now is all homework time. Thanks ahead of time for any and all info.
Jason

/ Kubota B26 yes or no? #2  
The B26. / L39 are construction grade Kubotas they are built to take a beating and keep on ticking. This is why they are a favorite of the rental companies. The B26 is a nice set up ... But the loader is not quick attach and can be a pita to mow with as we'll as long in transporting with a 3pt mower behind it. ( wont fit on a 14 ft trailer. There may be better options for mowing, for far less money. Especially if you don't need a BH.

/ Kubota B26 yes or no?
I was looking at a few with quick attach buckets, the backhoe is an important item for me around my property. The hst is the other big reason vs. the gst of the l39

/ Kubota B26 yes or no? #4  
I was looking at this tractor and opted for the much cheaper kioti CK. while not industrial like the the b26, it's still one heck of a digger. I have a 7.5' backhoe that works great. The loader is QA. You can leave the 3pt arms on with the backhoe. Backhoe off in 2 minutes. I like the kioti because of its weight and hydraulics. For b26 money you could get a DK45 even, with tons of mowing hp and lift.

/ Kubota B26 yes or no? #5  
i have mostly Deere stuff but the Kubota B26 is about the best small tlb on the market imo. i also have a 14ft 14k dump trailer and a 20ft equipment trailer to move equipment and can tell you the lower longer equipment trailer is better for transport. While the B26 is a great little backhoe loader you may want to consider having something else for mowing if this a business venture. Personally i have found it impossible to find an all in one tractor for everything i need to do and have five of them to get it all done. i recommend you make sure you are getting what you think is ideal for your own property first and then consider what works best for your comercial work if you do pursue that. it takes alot of equipment and good luck to win at this work.

/ Kubota B26 yes or no? #6  
Jason welcome to the forum. I have a B21 and an L39, both are great tractors. You must have a lot of work to do on your 2 acres to justify the cost of a B26. Have you considered renting a mini excavator for your major digging projects and getting a non commercial Kubota model for your maintenance and mowing? The B26 is not going to be the best choice if you want to do mowing for others. It just doesn't have the PTO hp to use much more than a 4' mower in heavy growth. Unless you are going to charge much less than the competition clients are going to look for people with a 6' or better mower if you charge by the hour. If you are considering doing backhoe work in tight areas for others, that is where the B26 really shines, check into the insurance issues first. Insurance when you start using a backhoe is way up there and hard to justify unless you are doing full time work with the tractor.

MarkV

/ Kubota B26 yes or no? #7  
Can a L3800 Fel outlift a B26 Kubota.

/ Kubota B26 yes or no?
Thanks all so far for all the advice. The funny thing when you talk to enough tractor people is that you get what seems very diverse opinions. I should say that the primary purpose is for my property. For whatever reason, I like the idea of having a backhoe incase I want to use it. I know it probably makes more sense to rent an excavator when needed. I think one of the main uses I would have is a Gannon box with top and tilt to grade and a loader. I have both a 5' heavy duty tiller and a 5' flail mower. It seems the advise is either go as big with the tractor as you can or, go smaller and save money and rent the rest. The reason I thought I would mow for other people or do small jibe was to help pay for the tractor. I am a firefighter so my schedule would allow for some side work but, not be the only income source.
Thanks

/ Kubota B26 yes or no? #10  
Hello and welcome to TractorByNet!

I moved your thread to the Kubota Owning & Operating Forum. :thumbsup: