$$$$ for tilling

/ $$$$ for tilling #1  

OrangeToys

Platinum Member
Tractor
2016 Kubota M7060HDC
Getting asked a lot for tilling bit need help on how to charge for it. Any help is appreciated.

/ $$$$ for tilling #2  
I've heard $1 per Hp, but I charge a flat rate of $45 per hour with a 2 hour minimum. I operate a L3240 with FEL and various other equipment. I also charge $.30 per mile over 20 miles to help cover the gas to get there. Hope this helps because I'm pretty new at this too. Most of my work is food plots and brush cutting.

Rex

/ $$$$ for tilling #3  
Around here they get 35$ for a normal size garden, a little more if the garden is large.

/ $$$$ for tilling
I've got a guy that just contacted me to do 30x100 new garden. How long should i expect?

/ $$$$ for tilling #5  
New ground,with a tiller;maybe an hour.I would plow first at least break the sod with a middle buster.I use a L4240 and do about 10 acres a year.A lot depends on the soil type.

/ $$$$ for tilling #6  
I've got a guy that just contacted me to do 30x100 new garden. How long should i expect?

It will be slow going because you will get hard sod and maybe stones. You will have to go over it a few times to get it like powder more than likely. If it was an existing garden then maybe a couple hours.

I'm not sure of the HP and size of your tractor, but my 24 HP JD x740, with a 42" tiller would take all morning. Of course mine is green.

/ $$$$ for tilling #7  
Around here I would charge $50 for most gardens. For anything considerably larger I would charge around $45 per hour.

/ $$$$ for tilling #8  
Is this a new garden ? You had best get a LOCATE on utilities .

/ $$$$ for tilling #10  
$50.00 per hour, i have never went to a single job where "hey why your here" did not happen. an established customer where you know what to expect is one thing, but a new site has to many variables. $50.00 per hour, $45.00 for cash