Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Kubota M8540HDC, L5740HSTC, BX2200, BX2660, John Deere 425&1025R, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Default Re: Hydrostat Forward/Reverse Rocket Pedal--Not My Favorite Method

Quote Originally Posted by npalen View Post
    I believe that I'm more apt to step on the reverse end of the treadle when mounting the tractor from the left because I don't see or think about it. Seems like there's plenty of room for entry on either side in spite of the joystick. I might mention that I'm getting older but shouldn't an OLDER dog be able to learn new tricks.
    Depends on your definition of "older"; lots of us older TBN members here learning new stuff all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by npalen View Post
    I believe that I'm more apt to step on the reverse end of the treadle when mounting the tractor from the left because I don't see or think about it. Seems like there's plenty of room for entry on either side in spite of the joystick. I might mention that I'm getting older but shouldn't an OLDER dog be able to learn new tricks.
    You should check the manual. I think you will find you are instructed to OLNY mount / dismount from the non-peddle side. Not your model, but my HST mschine is VERY clear on it. There is a danger of running yourself over !

As others have stated, typically only have either just the ball of the foot (forward) or the heal (reverse) on the control. I love the kubota control, but wouldn't if I had all foot on the control all the time.

Tractor
    Kubota B7510 and L3901

Default Re: Hydrostat Forward/Reverse Rocket Pedal--Not My Favorite Method

My first kubota was a gear shift. I was concerned that with an HST when working in close quarters I would go the wrong direction with disastrous results. Now I'm on my second Kubota and it has HST. With over a year using it that has never happened. I don't recall ever stepping on the reverse pedal while mounting the tractor. I'm pretty big guy - 5'10" 220. Maybe I just have small feet. I always mount from the left side.

Might I suggest (as I have been doing lately) to shift the range lever to N before dismounting the tractor. I usually lower all my implements to contact the ground as well.
    Caution: Some of my posts may be politically incorrect.
    Kubota B7510 & L3901

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12