Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Default Re: Moving amber flashers on BX25

Quote Originally Posted by GolfAddict View Post
    I know I've seen a thread on this also, but haven't found it yet. The thing I remember sticking out to me was to ensure (when adding wire to reach up to where you want them) that you leave slack enough to allow for the ROPS to fold.
    Yup, when I added my Peterson floods I ran the loom down the back of the ROPS for that reason even though I never fold it down now. True story - before I built my garage with 8-foot tall doors I use to store the BX in a Shelter Logic shelter so I ran all the time with the ROPS folded to clear the door. The garage goes up, I put the ROPS up for good, I sell the shelter and the next day I drive the BX into the shelter to help in dismantling it. Oops! You idiot! One small ripped seam but the purchaser didn't care. Phew.
    Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

BX25, BX2750D Snowblower, Bro-Tek thumb, BXpanded Forks and Under Armor, Ballast Box, 3-PT Pallet Forks ...... My Kubota Pics

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX24

When I bought kubota rear bagger, came with brackets to relocate flashers...bagger lid blocks view. Pretty simple..."square" u-bolts to fit ROPS and 2 pieces flat bar stock with 3 holes...2 for u-bolt and 1 for flasher stalk. Also came with wiring harness extensions. Should be able to reproduce this setup fairly easily...
    John

BX24-loaded R4s/60" MMM/rear bagger/arm rests, Woods RCC42, 3PT Splitter, TuffTop, Bro-Tek skidplates/thumb/ripper, BXpanded forks/bag, American Solutions grapple, Berlon mini-toothbar, home-made ROPS lights...more to come...

Tractor
    Kubota BX24; John Deere 4020

Quote Originally Posted by dsmiley View Post
    Yup, when I added my Peterson floods I ran the loom down the back of the ROPS for that reason even though I never fold it down now. True story - before I built my garage with 8-foot tall doors I use to store the BX in a Shelter Logic shelter so I ran all the time with the ROPS folded to clear the door. The garage goes up, I put the ROPS up for good, I sell the shelter and the next day I drive the BX into the shelter to help in dismantling it. Oops! You idiot! One small ripped seam but the purchaser didn't care. Phew.
    Sounds just like something I'd do!

Tractor
    Kubota BX25 TLB

Quote Originally Posted by BotaBigot View Post
    When I bought kubota rear bagger, came with brackets to relocate flashers...bagger lid blocks view. Pretty simple..."square" u-bolts to fit ROPS and 2 pieces flat bar stock with 3 holes...2 for u-bolt and 1 for flasher stalk. Also came with wiring harness extensions. Should be able to reproduce this setup fairly easily...
    really cool that the they think of this, and supply a solution. though, for the price of those baggers, they had better do so!

Tractor
    BX 25, ZD 326

You can move the flashers quite simply by making brackets like I did to mount aux lights.

You could also just weld new tabs onto the ROPS, but that is a whole other can of worms.

Personally, If I had my tractor on a public road for any amount of time, Id install a strobe to the top of the ROPS... people are idiots.

Tractor
    case ih

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby074
    You can move the flashers quite simply by making brackets like I did to mount aux lights.

You could also just weld new tabs onto the ROPS, but that is a whole other can of worms.

Personally, If I had my tractor on a public road for any amount of time, Id install a strobe to the top of the ROPS... people are idiots.
    Agreed strobes are highly visible and are required by law in PA. Also I'm a large scale farmer for this area and do alot of road transport with excellent lighting and still have many close calls.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Well, I can't wait for 4shorts to do his with some elegant solution so I guess I'll just cobble something together and move ahead. Everyone likes form with function but given the choice of the two, I'll pick function every time. Thanks for the responses, guys.

Dean

BX25, BX2750D Snowblower, Bro-Tek thumb, BXpanded Forks and Under Armor, Ballast Box, 3-PT Pallet Forks ...... My Kubota Pics

Tractor
    Big & Small one :)

Well, I can't wait for 4shorts to do his with some elegant solution so I guess I'll just cobble something together and move ahead. Everyone likes form with function but given the choice of the two, I'll pick function every time. Thanks for the responses, guys.

Dean
    : Sorry you can't wait. I got the stuff here to solve the problem and I think I have a cool practical design. The problem is the BX is still on the show room floor
    The guys are waiting on some stuff to arrive before they deliver it to me. I'm in no rush. The snow is piling up outside. Looks like another 30 cm event tonight.

I'll look forward to seeing what you come up with.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Moving amber flashers on BX25-image.jpg  
    Last edited by 4shorts; 01-22-2013 at 07:36 PM.
    ...Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude...

Visit us on the web @ www.specialtyrepairs.ca

YouTube Video's: http://www.youtube.com/user/7863348?feature=guide

2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    2013 Kubota BX25D with many mods
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Quote Originally Posted by 4shorts View Post
    : Sorry you can't wait. I got the stuff here to solve the problem and I think I have a cool practice design. .
    Well, that being the case maybe I will wait. I have until the spring to get it done.

Tractor
    Big & Small one :)

Well, that being the case maybe I will wait. I have until the spring to get it done.
    Not to worry. I'll have it long done before spring I have all the goods to do it now, just need the tractor

Now when you see what I have in mind you might say " he's nuts"
    ...Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude...

Visit us on the web @ www.specialtyrepairs.ca

YouTube Video's: http://www.youtube.com/user/7863348?feature=guide

2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    2013 Kubota BX25D with many mods
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast