Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Default Moving amber flashers on BX25

I do quite a bit of dirt road maintenance (1.1 mile long) with my BX and I've had a couple of close calls with vehicles even though the posted speed is 20 and I have all my lights on, day or night. I purchased a service light but it was a disappointment. The emergency flashers on the BX are pretty bright but they are mounted too low to assist with this in my opinion. I plan on moving them up near the top of the ROPS for better visibility and it shouldn't be too big a deal, make a couple of mounts and extend the wires, but I was wondering if anyone had done this or posted about it or know of a post about it. I did tons of searching today and found nothing and that may be because it's not that big a deal but if someone has posted some good ideas about it I would really like to read them before I start this project. If anyone knows of any, can you point me in that direction? Thanks.

Dean
    Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

BX25, BX2750D Snowblower, Bro-Tek thumb, BXpanded Forks and Under Armor, Ballast Box, 3-PT Pallet Forks ...... My Kubota Pics

Tractor
    Kubota BX23 & RTV1100

Default Re: Moving amber flashers on BX25

I've been looking at the same thing for the same reason for my RTV...The only one I've seen that seems good enough is around $400...Don't really want to go that hugh but I need a suction cup mount for my roof. You can probably do better with a magnetic mount to the ROPS.

Something like this might work for you:

LED Mini Bar Light 8891050
    BX23TLB & RTV1100 with 72" Power Angle Plow

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Quote Originally Posted by timswi View Post

Thanks, but I just want to move the existing flashers/directional lights up higher on the ROPS. They are actually quite bright and they are free since I already own them.

BX25, BX2750D Snowblower, Bro-Tek thumb, BXpanded Forks and Under Armor, Ballast Box, 3-PT Pallet Forks ...... My Kubota Pics

Tractor
    Kubota 9540, RTV 900 and David Brown 885.

I want to do the same thing to my 9540. I figured the pivot point on the roll bar would be high enough for me.

I realize these are two very different animals but I'll be watching to see what you come up with.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2320

You could have a hundred lights on your tractor and it wouldn't make a difference.I drive a Case front end loader with strobe lights all around town and the only thing on peoples mind is how can they get around me.I've had my flaggers nearly run over and cars drive thru peoples yard just to get around without having to wait.

These arent bad for the under 10 dollar price.
    Tow Lights - Save on this 12V Magnetic Towing Light Kit
    Add them and still use the stock ones..

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    john deere

Yep , you can light it up like a stadium and it won't help . People just don't have time for courtesy anymore .

Tractor
    Kubota BX24; John Deere 4020

Quote Originally Posted by timswi View Post
    I've been looking at the same thing for the same reason for my RTV...The only one I've seen that seems good enough is around $400...Don't really want to go that hugh but I need a suction cup mount for my roof. You can probably do better with a magnetic mount to the ROPS.

Apologies to the OP, but if you'll forgive just a brief hi-jack...

I cut out a round piece of heavy tin, painted it, and glued it to the top of my cab with 100% silicone caulk. I use it for a magnetic mount spot light, but could work for putting on a beacon light as well...

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Quote Originally Posted by kevin37b View Post
    Yep , you can light it up like a stadium and it won't help . People just don't have time for courtesy anymore .
    Well, this is a rural location in Maine and I know everyone who lives on the road (mostly retirees) and for the most part they are courteous. It's mostly a situation where they just don't see you for one reason or another. The flashers are much more noticeable than the service light I bought and I know it would help if I could get them up in the air. Like I said, it's not that big of a deal to do this job. It's just that there is a wealth of knowledge on this forum that's nice to tap into if you can, and not have to reinvent the wheel, so to speak. I did read a post once where someone did what I want to do and it was related to snowblowing at night as I recall. I have enough lights for being visible at night with the OEM lights plus four 55-watters, 2 facing front and 2 facing rear. It's in the daylight that I am not seen.

Tractor
    Kubota BX24; John Deere 4020

Quote Originally Posted by dsmiley View Post
    Well, this is a rural location in Maine and I know everyone who lives on the road (mostly retirees) and for the most part they are courteous. It's mostly a situation where they just don't see you for one reason or another. The flashers are much more noticeable than the service light I bought and I know it would help if I could get them up in the air. Like I said, it's not that big of a deal to do this job. It's just that there is a wealth of knowledge on this forum that's nice to tap into if you can, and not have to reinvent the wheel, so to speak. I did read a post once where someone did what I want to do and it was related to snowblowing at night as I recall. I have enough lights for being visible at night with the OEM lights plus four 55-watters, 2 facing front and 2 facing rear. It's in the daylight that I am not seen.
    I know I've seen a thread on this also, but haven't found it yet. The thing I remember sticking out to me was to ensure (when adding wire to reach up to where you want them) that you leave slack enough to allow for the ROPS to fold.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast