3-Point Hitch M9960HD12 Plow Attachments

/ M9960HD12 Plow Attachments #1  

M8560HD12 TAMMARC FARM

Bronze Member
Tractor
TS6.110 4WD Cab, WM75 FEL ROPS
Stupid Question here - will I be able to attach/pull a 3-bottom plow that generally gets pulled by a CAT I IH574 54HP - I have a 4-Bottom Plow as well, but think M9960 may have trouble pulling it - Marc

/ M9960HD12 Plow Attachments #2  
i would not put the cat 1 plow on the 9960 it will bend or break it i dont see a problem pulling a 4 bottom plow with the 99hp we had an old farmall m that would pull a 2 bottom plow no problem that tractor was a thing 45hp its was a 1941 i used to pull a 1 bottom 16'' board with the 21hp case ih compact in my preteen days i would snap the sear bolt pulling 300-500 rocks out i ll be fine enjoy your tractor do you have any pictures of your 9960 i would be interested to see the tractor the dealers around my parts dont have any in stock yet chuck

/ M9960HD12 Plow Attachments
i would not put the cat 1 plow on the 9960 it will bend or break it i dont see a problem pulling a 4 bottom plow with the 99hp we had an old farmall m that would pull a 2 bottom plow no problem that tractor was a thing 45hp its was a 1941 i used to pull a 1 bottom 16'' board with the 21hp case ih compact in my preteen days i would snap the sear bolt pulling 300-500 rocks out i ll be fine enjoy your tractor do you have any pictures of your 9960 i would be interested to see the tractor the dealers around my parts dont have any in stock yet chuck

Thanks Chuck - still mulling over decision, still uneasy about HP for some reason - headed to WNY next week to talk to some farmers who use them - I also may ask around on the JD5101E

Marc

/ M9960HD12 Plow Attachments

Thanks Chuck - still mulling over decision, still uneasy about HP for some reason - headed to WNY next week to talk to some Kubota farmers and dealers who use / sell them - I also may ask around on the JD5101E

Marc

/ M9960HD12 Plow Attachments #5  
The owners manual tells you what size implements you can pull with your tractor under Implement Limitations.

/ M9960HD12 Plow Attachments #6  
I see no reason the Cat l plow wouldn't fit & work behind the M9960HD12. That's what adjustable sway bars and Cat l to Cat ll bushings were made for. The only reason for the plow to bend/break is plowing deeper than necessary or hitting an obstruction(rock or root). One problem might be getting the wheels on tractor spaced correctly to accommodate the plow.. But if I had a 90+ HP tractor and it wouldn't pull a 4 bottom moldboard plow the M9960HD12 would be like the cotton boll weevil "looking for a home"

/ M9960HD12 Plow Attachments #7  
you could look at 108 thats a little more tractor then that 9960

/ M9960HD12 Plow Attachments #8  
hey tx jim i have a cat 1 raer blade 8 foot i broke that on my 7040 plowing to deep hit a rock that wights 2 tons with a cat 1 plow on a 99 hp tractor its going to break it i broke shear bolts on a single on a 21 hp tractor

/ M9960HD12 Plow Attachments #9  
hey tx jim i have a cat 1 raer blade 8 foot i broke that on my 7040 plowing to deep hit a rock that wights 2 tons with a cat 1 plow on a 99 hp tractor its going to break it i broke shear bolts on a single on a 21 hp tractor

If equipment manufactures didn't intend for equipment to be alternated between Cat l & Cat ll then why did they offer bushing choices and adjustable sway bars/blocks to accommodate such as task???

The next 2 statements are just statements not aimed at you because I don't know you. A lot of equipment destruction depends on the operator. Some people can tear up an anvil in a sand pile.