Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota B2320 HST with LA 364 FEL

Default B2*20 50 hour service

Any B2320/2620/2920 owners performed the initial 50 hour service on their machine? I noticed that the HST filter gets changed, but the hydraulic filter is not changed until 400 hours. It was my understanding that the hyd. And HST fluid are one in the same, so why would'nt the hyd filter get changed as well? I don't think I would go bankrupt for another $5-$20 filter (not sure of price) Anybody else have any input on this? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

Tractor
    Bobcat S185 skid steer - Ferris IS500Z - JD GT235

Default Re: B2*20 50 hour service

When I did my 2009 B3030, the dealer told me to change all filters, but not to bother with the hydraulic fluid until 3-400 hours. So that's what I did. I just topped off what I lost with SUDT2. Engine & transmission oils were changed using Messick's B instructions.
    Here's a link from Messick for the B service:
    Kubota B-Series - Changing Oils and Filters
    Todd

Also - E Terra E 60 SSQA backhoe • Erskine 73" blower •TSC QA boom pole • Bradco 48" forks • JLG T350 Boom Lift • 1997 Ford F Super Duty 7.3 Powerstroke w/ Altec AT 200A bucket • CAM Superline 6x12 dump • (2) Kristi 7x18 enclosed • 2014 Ford F250 Super Cab gasser • 2007 Mustang GT • 2007 Crown Vic P71 Police Interceptor

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    kubota 7040sud

i dont own a b series but i will tell when i did my 50 hour service i changed them i say them my tractor has 2 i would change it the hudro oil is pumped thourgh the whole tractor that would dirty the new oil in the whole tractor they is fine metal in the tractor from the machineing process i was thinking bout getting a 2320 in gear what type of stuff do you do with your 2320 i dont know if it would be enough to drag logs for fire wood the 7040 is to tell and wide to go some places

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by JJZ 109 View Post
    When I did my 2009 B3030, the dealer told me to change all filters, but not to bother with the hydraulic fluid until 3-400 hours. So that's what I did. I just topped off what I lost with SUDT2. Engine & transmission oils were changed using Messick's B instructions.
    Here's a link from Messick for the B service:
    Kubota B-Series - Changing Oils and Filters
    When I look at the Messicks hyperlink you listed, it says there are two transmission filters, one on each side. I have two filters as well, but thought the one on the right(sitting in seat) was the hyd filter. Both filters look the same diameter, but slightly different lengths?

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Mac25 View Post

When I look at the Messicks hyperlink you listed, it says there are two transmission filters, one on each side. I have two filters as well, but thought the one on the right(sitting in seat) was the hyd filter. Both filters look the same diameter, but slightly different lengths?

Or is the hyd "filter" actually the strainer that they mentioned?

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    kubota 7040sud

my tractor is a gear tranny the strainer is not the tranny filter the filter is behind the strainer you can see it in the picture the strainer is a nut you have to take out infront of the filter right up frome the steering rod

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by case245 View Post
    my tractor is a gear tranny the strainer is not the tranny filter the filter is behind the strainer you can see it in the picture the strainer is a nut you have to take out infront of the filter right up frome the steering rod
    So the hyd filter is a strainer and not an actual spin on type filter?

Tractor
    Kubota 2920

I have a B2920 with 110 hrs. At 50 hours I replaced both the HST and hydraulic filters. They are both spin-on filters but different part numbers. Hydraulic fluid and front axle fluid were completely replaced with UDT2. Cheap insurance in my opinion.
    Frank

Tractor
    Kubota B2630, '53 Farmall Super H, '47 Farmall AI, '44 Farmall A

You just dropped a ton of money on a brand new tractor. Why would you question whether or not to change a filter. Or better yet, why would you change a filter and leave the oil? Relative to the price of your investment, a COMPLETE oil and filter change is chump change - do it.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by nspec View Post
    You just dropped a ton of money on a brand new tractor. Why would you question whether or not to change a filter. Or better yet, why would you change a filter and leave the oil? Relative to the price of your investment, a COMPLETE oil and filter change is chump change - do it.
    I am only questioning the different service intervals listed in the manual and trying to determine the correct location of the filters. There are two spin on filters and a strainer mentioned. I don't see the need to replace a strainer when it can be removed and cleaned. Just looking for clarification with no relevance to $$. I am a diesel mechanic by trade, but this is my first tractor and have full intentions on doing the correct maintenance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast