How often do you give it a bath?

/ How often do you give it a bath? #1  

Mac25

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2320 HST with LA 364 FEL
I was wondering how many of you guys clean your tractor with a water hose. I usually try using compressed air as much as possible so I dont get water in the gage cluster an other unwanted areas. I will use a hose on the tires if they are super muddy, but wanted to see what everyone else thinks? I know my dealer keeps most of his stock outside, uncovered, and some without cabs, so he must not be too concerned about water damage.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ How often do you give it a bath? #2  
I too usually use compressed air to clean ours, but have rinsed it off with a hose and have left it out in the rain. Our BX2200 had to have some switches replaced twice as it was pretty susceptible to to water damage, but we haven't had the same problems with the BX2660 and it was bought in 2008, with reasonable caution such as no power washer on the gauges, I wouldn't worry. I don't know that a power washer will hurt it, I just prefer not to use them much except on our cab tractors and then rarely.

/ How often do you give it a bath? #3  
Mine gets a bath every time it rains. Once or twice a year it make see sponge and suds. Sometimes I will wash the manure or compost off the tires. No garage for 14 years and it has survived. I would rather have it stored inside but there is no inside to place it.

/ How often do you give it a bath? #4  
My tractor lives in a metal outbuilding. I wash it once or twice a year. Not that I could wash it in winter anyway, but it seems to stay cleaner in winter vs. the warmer weather.

/ How often do you give it a bath? #5  
mine gets a bath at least 3 times a year suds and sponge just like i was vehicles when i get done and it's all dry i spray all my 3 point hitch and centerlink with a product from drummond corp called open and shut it keeps the rust from progressing

/ How often do you give it a bath? #6  
I've only had to wash it with water once so far since I got it this summer, but I found compressed air worked very well at blowing off fresh snow when it was left outside the garage one night.

/ How often do you give it a bath? #7  
I've rinsed off my L3130 a couple of times, but other than that it's never had a "true" bath. In the ten years I've owned it the tractor has been stored outside for almost it's entire life. I did have one of those vinyl cover metal pole storage things for the first year - but a wind storm took it out and I never replaced it. Other than a bit of fade on the plastics due to the sun, the tractor doesn't seemed to be damaged by my neglectfulness. I do have a canopy, so that might offer some protection to the instrument cluster in rain - but I doubt it. The tractor is just tuff...

/ How often do you give it a bath? #8  
wash and wax after use, and keep in an insulated garage at 72f........

..................yeah right................lol

/ How often do you give it a bath? #9  
I blow it off with a leaf blower (quicker than air compressor) after bush hogging. Thats about it.

/ How often do you give it a bath? #10  
I normally just hose the mud off when it is bad but rarely do any soap and water wash. LS hasnt seen anything other that hosing off in its 2 year life. A few days ago I was doing a little work on the Kubota B26 and decided to clean up the hood a bit. I got a sponge and a bucket of water, no soap, and sponged off the hood and dash. Then to remove some grease, I waxed it, just the hood and fenders. It does shine pretty good, much more than the denim shirt that took me 20 minutes of scrubbing with various grease and stain removers to remove several globs of grease that I got on it from rubbing on the FEL. I try to keep the major grease wiped off, but almost everytime I do something around that little TLB, I come away with grease all over me. I need some of those disposable tyvek suits to wear around my tractors.