L35 Steering lever pin

/ L35 Steering lever pin #1  

lgoldy46

Tractor
Kubota L35
L35 Steering lever pin. Shop manual said remove retainer and lift out pin.
Pin will not budge. With the axil in place only part of the bottem end of the pin is exposed,
with a drift pin I could hit upward (didn't move). I welded a half in. metal bar on top of the pin so I could pry up under the bar
[no luck]. The bar I welded on exstends 2 INs. wider then the pin, so I tried beating on the end of the bar to turn the pin to
brake it loose [bent the bar].

If axle was removed, can the pin be drove down or is there a sholder on pin to stop it from falling out of the bottom.

Any idea of what to try next? :confused2:

Thank you

Larry Goldsberry [Lgoldy46@aol.com]

/ L35 Steering lever pin #2  
Might try turning the steering back and forth to different spots while beating it up, might have wore a lip somewhere on the OD of the pin.
Mine was stuck also, penetrating oil and hard blows from the bottom with a 8lb hammer and a helper with vice grips holding a big punch was what worked for me.
I dont remember the pin being a bigger diameter anywhere, just the little plate that goes in the groove to retain it. I think it will go down if the axel is removed.
It was very tight to work in there because I did not want to remove the radiator, it may have been faster in the end to do so because it was hard to get my hands, parts and tools into. Getting the steering hydraulic cylinder off of the lever caused me some trouble also, the pin is tapered and has to be driven down, to get it out of the lever and cylinder eye before the lever casting will have enough room to come out, I needed to replace the bushings inside.

/ L35 Steering lever pin
Thanks for the reply, Hilbily
Well, I removed the axel today. Used a 1" steel bar & 8 lb. beater and drove the pin down and out.
Thank You